Tuesday, March 31, 2009

WMU Get-Together in Gatlinburg

March 20-22 was the WMU (women's mission union) get-together in Gatlinburg. This year was my second year getting to go. I looked forward to this trip for a long time this year! I really needed to get away for a weekend. But I was also worried about leaving my little boy for the first time...more on that later! Anyways...we had 14 women go this year (12 from Riverside and 2 from South Harriman). It was such a great weekend. I love our Baptist Women group at church.
This weekend is dedicated to learning about missions in our area and in the world. We got to go to some great conferences and learned about different ways to get more women involved in WMU in our church. I would love for more women to get to go next year! The speaker at the worship services this year was AMAZING!! Her name is Page Hughes and she is a preacher's wife and mother of 4! What an inspiration! She talked all about how we are to be hospitable women at all times. We should always invite people into our homes to witness to them and to share the love of Jesus Christ. She gave us some great PaRtY ideas and we plan to put them to good use! I had a great time on this trip and really enjoyed the fellowship of all the amazing women who got to go. If you are reading this and didn't go...you missed out and we look forward to you joining us next year! We enjoyed a lot of food, sweet treats, goofing off, worship time, a little shopping, and much, much more!
Me, my mommy, and Kimberly

Chris, Carolyn, and Pam

Trudy, Pat, Jessica, and Debbie

Me, Kimberly, and Jessica

Kimberly, Lila, and Me (for those of you who don't know her, Lila is one of my greatest friends and I love her dearly! She is my adopted grandmother!! I was so glad she still got to go this year!)

The whole group on Sunday morning before the worship service
Ok...like I said before, this was my first time leaving Liam overnight since he was born. I was very worried about my little man. He had never went to sleep at night without nursing and I was afraid that he would get scared if I wasn't there. I had lots of confidence in Will's ability to take care of him though...so I knew he was in good hands. Taylor spent the night with Melanie (Will's sister) on Friday night so that Will would only have to worry about Liam. Will said he fussed just a little and then went on to sleep. He said he slept all night and didn't wake up until 9 o'clock on Saturday! I was very glad that he didn't have a hard time being aways from me. I had to pump all weekend which was a little bit of a chore...but that is ok because I am glad God blessed me with so much milk! I brought home much more milk than what Liam ate while I was gone so we still have quite the supply left in the freezer. That just means I can go out sometime and Liam will still have food! (any takers on babysitting???) I think it was good for Liam to be away from me for a little bit though. I am glad that he can survive without me! But boy was he glad to see me when I got back on Sunday!!!!






1 comment:

Mona said...

I am so glad you enjoy going! I would hate to think that after all the years that I have gone, you would go and then say "No, that's just not for me!" It really is a great time of learning about missions involvement both at home and far away. We have a GREAT group of women at our church and I am so glad that we get along so well together. It is just a wonderful bonding time.