Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Riverside Race Night

Last Saturday night was Riverside's annual Race Day. It is a race with those little pinewood derby cars. The dads...I mean kids...really have a great time! Will made the kids cars this year and I hope to have a picture of them soon. Taylor's looked like a high-heeled shoe and was painted purple. Liam's was a silver truck with an orange stripe down the middle. The cares were really cute, but weren't so fast on the track! Will said next year he is going for speed and not for looks. We'll see. But anyways...I know Will had a great time making the cars for the kids and everyone had a great time. We had a great time with lots of yummy snacks! My dad's cousin (on his mom's side) Kathy Manis got to come to the race with her husband and oldest son. She had never met any of us. I think they had a good time at the race and we really enjoyed getting to meet them. I hope we didn't scare them away from us...all the kids at once can be a lot to handle! I hope to get to see them again sometime soon! Maybe when Momma and Daddy get the pool cleaned up they can come down and swim!! Enjoy the pictures!

Poppy with his grandkids and Matthew Manis (Kathy's son)

Taylor and her participation ribbon

All the kids who had cars in the race...plus me because Liam wouldn't let Skylar hold him for the picture!

Amber playing with my kids! I love to see someone else playing with them! And Nonnie in the background holding Jenna. She held her all night and I think she got the grand-baby fever again... Amber?

Taylor eating a Jello-Jiggler race car that Nonnie made. She loved them!

No comments: