Today Taylor got to go on her first field trip!
She was so excited about getting to ride on a school bus. I think they could have just made laps around the parking lot and she would have been happy!
Her Pre-K class went to Autumn Acres in Crossville. After we had been on the bus for about 10 minutes a little boy (AJ, I don't know who he is, but 10 years from now we may want to remember who it was!) threw up on the bus. It wasn't a lot of vomit, but he threw up all the same. Ms. Kim decided he better just go back to the school and go home. So they had to turn the bus around and drive back to the school, take him to his mom, and then we were back on our way. Taylor was so excited about being on the bus. She wanted to know where the seat belts were. She was over being on the bus by the time we got to the interstate. But she kept herself occupied by singing and talking the entire way to Crossville. She sang The Wheels on the Bus and was so excited about it because she was actually on a bus! Her teacher kept turning around and laughing because she was just singing and talking non-stop. I told her teacher welcome to my life!
Taylor had a great time at Autumn Acres. We did the corn maze, she got to play on the pirate playhouse, she did the barrel ride (4-wheeler pulling barrels), she jumped on the big bouncy thing, slid down the big black tube slides, we rode on the hay ride, and she picked out a pumpkin. They got to eat hotdogs and cheetos for lunch and were given apple juice in a cute little pumpkin sippy cup.
I thought Taylor might fall asleep on the bus ride home, but she didn't. She again talked and sang the whole way back! We picked up Logan from school after we got back and then went to Kimberly's to pick up Liam. He had a fun day with Mason!
The whole day Taylor just kept saying she was so excited to have "lonely time" with me. I corrected her often and said it was "alone" time, but I knew what she meant. Sometimes it is so hard to find time for just me and her because Liam is such a Momma's boy right now. I love him and I love spending time with him, but sometimes a Mommy just needs to be with her little girl! So we both enjoyed our "lonely time" today! I look forward to more days of just me and her doing fun stuff together.
1 comment:
Glad Taylor got to pick out a pumpkin! That is really a lot of fun. That's funny about her being excited about riding the school bus. I guess since she doesn't do it every day, it seems really special.
Post a Comment