Monday, November 21, 2011

That Sweet Little Heartbeat

Today was an amazing day!

I had my first OB appointment today!

I had to do a bit of lying to pull this one off, but we just aren't ready to tell people that I am pregnant yet! I needed someone to watch Liam so that me and Will could go to my appointment together. I would have just taken him, but I was afraid that he might understand a little too much and then tell people!

So I asked Kimberly if she would watch Liam for me. I told her I had my annual gyn exam. Total lie, but it was still at the same office, so maybe not too bad of a lie! She agreed to watch him.

No one knew that Will was taking off work the morning of the appointment either, so we had to make sure that stayed a secret or they would have become suspicious!

But me and Will got to my appointment and after filling out loads of paperwork we were taken back. I peed in a cup and got my blood pressure taken and got weighed. Then they took us back for our ultrasound.

I was so nervous and had been praying all morning that God would just keep me calm. I knew that whatever happened that it was His will and that He was in control. I don't know why I was so nervous.

We got back into the ultrasound room and we finally saw our little baby pop up on that big screen. And right away I saw that little flutter of a heartbeat.

That sweet little heartbeat.

I instantly felt better. I knew that God was watching over me and this little one the whole time and they are safe and sound in there. The heartbeat was 138. After making sure there really was only one in there they were done. We got some pictures for the baby book, but it doesn't look like much right now! I am measuring 7 weeks, 1 day (so I probably ovulated later than I thought), but they are going to keep my due date of July 4, so I am 7 weeks, 5 days today.

We had to wait forever to see the PA who just basically told me congratulations and that everything on the ultrasound looked good and said it being my 3rd one that I probably knew all the stuff I was supposed to do and not do. The only concern I had was picking up my preschoolers! They both weigh 40 lbs and I wasn't sure if I should be picking them up or not. She said it should be ok right now, but not when my belly gets bigger.

So my next appointment is December 20. 4 weeks away. They will do my big visit then and do all the not so fun tests on me. But we will get to have another ultrasound so it will be totally worth it to see that precious little baby again. I am sure at the next ultrasound things will look much much different than they did today!

I am so excited to welcome another little blessing into our family in July. I am also excited to tell everyone, especially the kids, but we are going to try to hold out until Christmas (or maybe Christmas Eve).

No comments: