So...I am not going to post this one for a while...or ever maybe! But I just needed to write it down so that I would remember.
For about a year now me and Will have been discussing having another baby. After Liam was born we truly did feel so complete with our lives and didn't think we were going to have/want anymore babies. We felt like 2 were all we could handle, and at the time, 2 WAS all that we could handle! Having 2 babies in 18 months can do that to you!
But as time went on and our 2 little blessings got older and not quite so needy, I really started to feel like I wanted another baby. I am not sure that Will shared in my feelings at first. But the more we started thinking about it and talking about it, we just thought that someone was still missing from our little family. We began to seriously talk about the idea of having another baby.
So like I said, about a year ago we really started to talk about it (well, I talked...Will listened) and decided that by September 2011 we would probably be ready to have another one. We knew we were going to be going on a trip to Disney World in September and I knew that I did not want to be pregnant while we were at Disney. So I had just enough birth control to get us through that vacation and a few weeks after.
I stopped my birth control the last weekend in September. When I stopped my birth control in August 2005 with hopes of getting pregnant with our first baby it took me until February 2006 for my cycles to become regular. My body just acted like it didn't know what to do. So I somewhat thought that it might do that again when I stopped the birth control this time. I just wasn't sure what to expect. But we were going to have fun trying for a baby anyways, even if my body decided not to cooperate for a while!
If my cycles were going to be regular, I knew that I should be expecting my period on October 26. I was already feeling a little bit of cramping a few days before that, and I knew that had been one of my symptoms when I found out that I was pregnant with Taylor and Liam, but I also knew it could just be my period starting. Anyways...I went to Dollar General (with both kids mind you...) on Monday and bought 2 of the dollar pregnancy tests just because. I figured it would be a good idea to at least have a couple at home just in case and I am cheap and hate spending lots of money for those things. Well I couldn't stand not knowing if I was pregnant or if my period was going to start so Tuesday morning I woke up and decided to take a test. I knew it was a day before my expected period but I just had to see. Well it was negative. I was a little disappointed, but knew that I probably wasn't pregnant anyways so I just went on about my business.
Over the weekend I started being really crampy again. I even told Will that if my period didn't start soon I was going to take a test just because the cramping was so bad and it had to mean something! I knew I still had that 1 test left and I thought about taking the test on Tuesday, but decided to wait until Wednesday morning. I had already told myself that if it was negative that I was just not going to think about it anymore and we were just going to keep on trying.
So this morning I woke up and took the test. I fluttered around the bathroom for a few minutes waiting on the test to finish and then I looked at it...
and oh my goodness...IT WAS POSITIVE!!!!
I am still in shock and can't believe that it happened so quickly! But then again, I have been praying for a long time that it wouldn't take a long time to get pregnant with #3 and that God would bless us with another little baby. I am not sure why I am so surprised that He answered my prayer! We serve an amazing God who loves us.
I had a busy day ahead of me so I just had to go about my day. I was with Nonnie ALL DAY LONG...and couldn't say a word! She was even talking about planning vacation for next summer (ummm...yeah sorry, we won't be going on that one!). It was so hard not tell her.
After I got home though I was bursting at the seams to tell Will. I didn't want to tell him on the phone, so this was the first chance I got to tell him. I went into our room and put on one of my old maternity shirts that says "Baby" on it. I asked Will to come into our room. I was just talking to him and asking him how his dentist appointment went. And then I was just making other random small talk. I think he could tell I was acting a little weird and asked me why. I told him he was killing me!!! Then I said...Look at my shirt!!! He did and finally got it and was so excited.
We are both still in shock that it happened this quickly, but are completely thrilled. I am cautiously optimistic, because I know that I am still very early (5 weeks today). But I am thrilled and excited. So far I am not really having any symptoms except the occasional cramp and a little bit of nausea. And I promise my jeans are already getting tight (probably just bloating though)!
Hopefully we can keep this little secret to ourselves until Christmas. But it is going to be so hard! I will be 12 weeks by then. And praying everything goes well, we will be welcoming Baby Smith #3 around July 4, 2012.
No comments:
Post a Comment