Monday, December 19, 2011

Just had to Remember

Last night at church was the Kids of God Christmas program. They did a really great job and their play was really cute. After the program, like every year, we were given treat bags.

The bags always have an apple, an orange, a candy bar, gum, mints, and a nut in them. The kids were quite excited that they had gotten these amazing bags from church. Then we all went into the fellowship hall for cookies and hot chocolate.

Normally, on Sunday evenings we wait until after church to eat supper. Probably not the best thing to do since we don't normally get home until 8:30ish. But anyways, that is what we normally do. Well last night we didn't get home until after 9. It was actually like 9:20 or something. Very late (is it sad that that is very late to me?). So we just told the kids it was time for bed and they got their pajamas on and I read them some books. Then they got in their beds and Liam started saying he was hungry. Now, I know that he didn't eat supper, but it was already like 9:45 at this point and I was not going to cook him something to eat that late. And plus I thought if he would just go to bed he would be fine. So I got him some water and told him to just go to bed.

I usually sit out on the couch and watch tv or get on facebook while the kids are going to sleep in their rooms, but last night I was just so tired that I went on into my room and got in bed. I didn't go to sleep yet, but I was in bed resting until they fell asleep. After about 15 minutes I went to check on the kids and Taylor was asleep. Liam...bless his little heart...he went and got his treat bag and got back in bed had started eating the apple out of it. I felt like a horrible mother! He was so hungry that he was willing to eat the apple, peeling and all! I didn't let him see me because I didn't want to disturb him. After another 10 minutes or so he came back in my room with his apple and said he was all full now and most of the apple had been eat!

He was still not wanting to go to sleep so I went out to the couch and laid down on one end and he laid down on the other. We both ended up falling asleep.

That story may not make anyone else laugh, but I just wanted to remember it! I love that little boy!

1 comment:

Mona said...

I guess your dinner consisted of the cookies and hot chocolate! Sometimes we get so tired we just forget to eat. Is that crazy or what? At least Liam knew where some food was.