Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Our 3rd Little Blessing

Today we had our 2nd office visit for this new little baby. We had to do a little lying to get gone for the visit without the kids and without anyone knowing where we were going. I hope people will forgive us later! Diana ended up watching the kids this morning and I am very thankful for her!

For some reason, I was almost as nervous this visit as I was that first visit. I guess I just know that so many things can go wrong in the beginning that I just can't help but worry.

Just for my own remembering...I have LOST 7lbs so far. I guess that is what happens when you start eating better, get full quickly, and don't snack on junk! But even with this weight loss my belly is beginning to get bigger and my jeans are getting more and more uncomfortable to button.

They tried to find the baby's heartbeat with the doppler, but I knew that with both Taylor and Liam that they couldn't find the heartbeat this early. So I tried not to let it get me upset when they couldn't find the heartbeat this time either. But it always makes me nervous!

We were already scheduled for an ultrasound so we went over there next. In no time at all we were seeing our sweet little one! And the heartbeat was beating away at 165 beats per minute. The ultrasound lasted a good while because we were having the nuchal translucency screening. It is a screening for heart defects, down syndrome, neural tube defects, etc. Everything looked good there and the skin fold was well within the normal limits. We were able to see 5 little fingers on the baby's left hand and we saw his/her nasal bone. We got the cutest little picture of the profile. We also saw 5 little toes on one of the feet. At one point the baby was trying to grab his/her feet and it was the cutest thing I had ever seen. After all the measurments were taken the tech told us that the baby was measuring 11 weeks and 6 days, so right back on track.

The only thing that was a little worrisome was that the placenta is very close to my cervix right now. The tech said that most of the time the placenta will move up as my uterus stretches (not that the placenta actually moves, but the part of my uterus it is attached to will continue to move up as it stretches). She said it was nothing to be concerned about right now. (I looked it up too and found out that the majority of people who are told they have a previa in the 1st trimester do not have the problem by the 2nd and 3rd trimester)

After the ultrasound and an ok from the PA that everything looked good I had to go have blood drawn. After they drained 6 whole vials of blood from my arm we were out the door and I went back home and Will went to work.

4 more weeks until the next visit

Dear little one,
I was so surprised to find out we were having you so quickly after we decided we were ready for another baby. I know it was all in God's perfect timing and that you will be here right when He wants you to be. I am already so in love with you. There have been a couple of times where I have felt like I may have felt you jump around in there already, but I am sure it is just all in my head. I can't wait to feel you move for real. I worry so much not knowing how you are doing in there. I am trying to enjoy every last second of this pregnancy because I know that you will probably be our last little one. You are so loved already. I can't wait to tell your big sister and big brother about you. They are going to be so excited, especially Taylor. Liam may not know what to think at first. But I bet as my belly grows he will begin to understand more. I can't wait to find out if you are a boy or a girl. I don't care either way...I just want to know so that I can start getting prepared! We are going to tell everyone that you are on the way this weekend. I don't think anybody suspects anything, so you should be a complete surprise. But they are all going to be so excited! Stay safe in there and I will do my best to take good care of you out here. I love you so much little one!

No comments: