Today was Taylor's last day of Pre-K.
She has really enjoyed going to school and is looking forward to Kindergarden in the fall.
For her last day they had an outside party planned. The family was invited to attend so I took off work and Will didn't work overtime. Liam's last day of daycare was yesterday so he got to come too.
We got there about 10am and everybody went outside. The kids enjoyed playing on the playset and playing with bubbles for a long time. Then it was their turn to go play in the bounce houses and slides. While playing with the bounce houses they were also able to get slushes to eat which was nice because it was so hot outside.
Then it was time to go back to the Pre-K playground and eat pizza. After lunch we all headed over to the baseball field and the kids got to play on a slip n slide for a while. They really had a lot of fun and we enjoyed watching them play.
Taylor's teacher gave us an end of year report on Taylor. When they tested her in the fall she was at a 5 year, 4 month old level. When they retested her at the end of the year she is at a 6 year, 11 month level. The teacher said she did amazingly well this school year and was more than ready for Kindergarden. She isn't reading yet, but she is showing many signs of being ready to read so I hope we can work on it some this summer.
After the party we had to get going because I had a doctor's appointment to get to. The kids were excited to get to hear their baby sister's heartbeat. After the appointment we did a little shopping which involved Will going in H.H. Gregg by himself to buy a video camera and coming out with a video camera and a new picture camera. Sigh...I can't complain too much though. It is an amazing camera and I am sure we will get a lot of good use out of it for years. And since it is so close to our anniversary we just called it our anniversary present!
I am so happy that Taylor enjoyed Pre-K so much this year. She never did like to be dropped off in the mornings, but she always had a great time and I know she learned a lot. I am excited to see what all she will learn in Kindergarden!
1 comment:
Taylor is such a smart little girl - just like her mom! I hope she enjoys reading when she learns how. She should love kindergarten!
Post a Comment