I was going to do so much better at blogging! Really I was!
But life has been, what can we call it, CRAZY!!!!, around here lately.
On February 22 Will packed up his little truck and drove himself down to Waynesboro, GA to start a new job. This has been one of the hardest things we have ever done. The kids had a hard time (mainly Taylor) and I have had a hard time, and I know Will has had a hard time too! It just isn't natural for a family to be a part like this. But ultimately we really do feel like this is what God has planned for us now. And he comes home every weekend and we talk every single night and sometimes we get to see each other on skype.
But that doesn't make it any easier!
One good thing that has come from Will being away during the week is that I have reduced my work hours. Not by much, but it seems to be helping my sanity not to feel like I have to be at work a specific number of hours a week. I basically go to work and do my job and when I am done I come home. Sometimes that is still an 8 hour day, but more often it is somewhere between 6 and 7 hours a day. Still just 4 days a week. I would like to say that has allowed me to get and keep the house clean and stay caught up on laundry. But I am just as behind as ever. Guess that will get better in about 18 years or so.
So what have we been up to the past 2 months? Well...
I turned 31. Oh my. I had to work on my birthday but then Nonnie and Poppy took me and the kids out to cracker barrel and then we went to church. It was extremely difficult to be away from Will on my birthday because birthdays are kind of a big deal in my world!
Kelsey has been...can we say...trying the past come of months. She is feeling those terrible twos and is extremely temperamental. She is emotional and cranky and is starting to talk back and scream. I don't know what to do with her sometimes! She is however doing much better about bedtime most nights which has allowed me to keep my sanity and have a few minutes to myself at night before I collapse in bed.
Taylor and Liam are both doing extremely well in school. They have both been on the A honor roll all school year. They are both reading very well and Taylor has tasted reading a lot of chapter books. I love to see them enjoying reading because I love it so much too!
On spring break the kids had dentist apps (more on that in another post). Then on Thursday I took the kids to the movies (Yes! I took 3 kids to the movies by myself!!) to see Home. It was a cute movie. Then we went to pigeon forge and stayed at a hotel with an indoor pool. Will surprised the kids and showed up at the hotel while they were swimming. They were so excited. We went back to the room and ordered pizza with the hotel phone which the kids thought was amazing because it has a cord. And then they were even more amazed that people actually brought pizza right to your door! It's the little things really! We went to Dollywood on Friday and Liam finally rode Wild Eagle. He loved it. On Sat we got up and rode go carts and went shopping at Tanger for just a little bit and then went home to begin our Easter weekend. More on that in another post too.
So that is pretty much what we have been up to the past few weeks. Work, school, church, repeat. We also have had scouts and have also started baseball and are still doing tumbling classes. So there has been plenty to keep us busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment