Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ice Ice Baby!!

Yesterday was presidents day and the kids were out of school and since Will is off work right now I decided to take the day off and spend time with them. We had plans to take Kelsey on to school and then take the older two to knoxville and see a movie and go eat. But the weather put a damper on those plans! There was a chance of ice and snow coming around lunch/early afternoon so we decided to just stay home and continue working on our house renovation. The kids played and Will and I worked...well Will worked and I mainly supervised! And right around lunch it started icing. I was planning to go to work Tuesday but with all the ice I decided to just wait until later in the day to see how the roads were. So we settled in for the night, stayed up too late, and then all slept until 8! The roads still looked pretty bad but I really felt like I needed to try to go to work so Will took the truck out and tested it out. He said there were a few trees down going towards harriman and the roads were still pretty slick. So the decision was fairly easy to make that I was just going to stay home! So we ate potato soup and grilled cheese for lunch and just kept working on the house.

The kids had been asking since Monday when the first flake fell if they could go out and play in the snow/ice. We tried to explain to them that it was very cold and they probably wouldn't have much fun because it wasn't really snow. But after thinking about it more I didn't want to be the only mom who didn't let their kids go play so we all bundled up and went outside! Plus everyone was going stir crazy inside these walls for 2 days!

I am so glad we went outside because it ended up being so fun! The sledding was perfect for the kids in the back yard. Not too steep but just fast enough! 



 I didn't get a picture of Kelsey sledding but she did and had a lot of fun!
 But she also had fun swinging on the swings!
We took a walk through the woods behind the house and the kids really enjoyed that

 Me and my love :)
 I love these little rosy cheeks!
 They did go out and "play" for about 15 mins yesterday and Taylor fell down and scraped her chin. She decided that it wasn't fun anymore after that!
This was such a fun day and I was really glad we got to spend it together! I guess I will have to go back to work tomorrow. But the kids are already out of school. I kinda doubt they will go the rest of the week. But now, it can warm up and be done with all this cold! I am ready for flip flops and sun!

2 comments:

Mona said...

Trying again! I know how busy you are, but I LOVE seeing your posts! I know I see the kids all the time, but I still enjoy reading about their exciting lives! LOVE YOU!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Looks like you all had a great time playing outside!