Kelsey Rae...you are 3 years old!
I can't believe it. Time has seriously got to slow down!
What are you up to these days?
You are such a little sweetie pie. You are full of energy and life. You like to play with baby dolls and dress up. You like to claim Taylor's baby dolls as your own and that upsets her a lot. But you are persistent! You talk to your babies like they were real and love to feed them and dress them. You got a little baby bed for your birthday and you put your dolls to bed in there right away. You also love to play outside. You are ALWAYS upset when it is time to come in!
You don't have a typical day around here so I will tell what a typical week looks like for you. On Mondays and Fridays you go to "preschool" at Calvary Baptist in Kingston. You absolutely love going to school. You aren't a big fan of getting up early, but you love being at school. You are learning so much. On Tuesdays grandma watches you. She gets here around 7:30 in the morning and keeps you until I get home from work. Sometimes she stays here at our house after you wake up, but sometimes she takes you back to her house so she can get some stuff done. Either way you are happy to be with her! On Wednesdays nonnie watches you. She also gets here around 7:30 and keeps you until I get home. She also takes you to the library since they have a program on Wednesdays. She enjoys that time with you. On Thursdays I get to stay home with you and we usually just have laid back days at home. Every now and then we have errands we need to run, but for the most part we just stay home and play and wash clothes!
You talk so so much and pretty much everything you say is hilarious! You say big words like "disgusting" and that makes us all laugh. You also like to sing.
You can say your ABCs and count to 20. You know all your colors and shapes. You know the pledge of allegiance and are learning bible verses at school. You learned to recite the entire 23rd Psalm by the end of May this year at school. I was so proud of you! You love to read books. Some of your favorites are Llama, Llama books and Look and Find books. You also like Dora books. Your favorite shows to watch on TV are Mickey Mouse and Peppa Pig. You like to play on electronics like your tablet or my phone. You also like to watch DVDs on either the portable player or the TV. Your favorite movies are Tangled, Big Hero 6, Monsters Inc, and Frozen.
Your favorite foods are pasta pick ups, cheese grits, macaroni, mashed potatoes, and steak! You aren't much for sitting at the table and eating, you are more of a grazer. It is frustrating at times but I know you will eat when you are hungry! You drink a lot of water and sometimes milk. You also occasionally drink juice or kool-aid.
You just last week before your birthday got potty trained! You have known for a long time what you should do in the potty but were just too lazy to do it consistently! So finally one Monday morning I put you in panties and sent you to school with extra clothes and told them to just see how it went! You started using the potty just like a big girl and haven't looked back since! Peeing and pooping in the potty without any accidents! I hadn't really been working on it with you and the few times I had put you in panties before you would have an accident so we just really didn't try very much. But I guess once you decided you were ready, it just happened! So so very glad that I don't have any babies in diapers anymore!!!
You are wearing 2T and 3T clothes still. Some of the 3T stuff is a little big and that is why we still have some of your 3T stuff. Especially shorts. You weigh about 29 lbs and you are 36 inches tall. Much shorter than your brother and sister at this age! You are going to be short like your mommy I am afraid!
You are sleeping ok these days. You lay down in your crib around 9:00 and then ask for a snack. That snack is either a "circle cheese" (string cheese) or a yogurt smoothie. After you finish that you will yell out for some water. You also NEED to have about 5 million babies in your bed to sleep with! Your favorite blanket is your "brown blanket" that you have had since you were born. You always have to sleep with it. You usually lay in your bed for a good 30 mins to an hour before you actually fall asleep. Sometimes you cry out for Mommy during that time and sometimes you just lay in there and talk to your babies. You have a night light in your room and sometimes say that it is too dark. Once you go to sleep you usually sleep all night long until about 8:30 in the morning. Unless we have to wake you up to go to school or take Taylor and Liam to school (during the school year). You still wear pull ups to bed.
Kelsey, you are such a delight to our family. I have a hard time remembering what life was like before you came along. But I am sure it was a little quieter! You bring a joy to us that we didn't even know was missing. You are so smart and we are so glad you are ours! I pray that God will bless you in this life. I pray that you will come to know Jesus at an early age and will follow His will for your life. I pray that God is shaping you to be the woman He needs you to be when you are grown. I am so excited to see what God has in store for you. I am excited to watch you grow into a little lady! Me and your daddy love you so so much! And Taylor and Liam both love you too!
1 comment:
I look at this blog ever so often, and SURPRISE!! What great words about Kelsey - all true! LOVE HER!!
Post a Comment