Liam Smith.
My big man-child!
You are just growing up way too fast on me! You are an interesting little fellow who I jut love to be around. Which is a good thing, because you sure do love your momma!
You are such a big big boy! I am not used to boys in our family being so big this young. You weigh about 80 lbs and are about 53 or 54 inches tall. You eat like nothing I have ever seen before. There are some days that I just can't seem to keep you full! But you are also very active so you aren't fat, just big! We like to remind you that you are built like your daddy! You have a big head and broad shoulders and big legs. You are wearing some size 10 stuff and some size 12 stuff. Your shirts are a youth large. I feel like we just completely skipped size 8! I don't know why we bother buying you clothes though because you would much rather just be in underwear around the house! We have to beg you to put clothes on sometimes! You wear a size 3 or 4 shoe I think. You do not like to have your hair cut and would prefer that it be long. Unfortunately you do not have hair that was meant to be long! It is crazy and wavy and thick and feels like straw! You look like a wolverine when you wake up in the mornings! Sometimes we finally convince you to get it cut and you look so very handsome. But it grows very quickly! You don't care for showers or brushing your teeth or brushing your hair or changing your underwear or hygiene in general. But I am being told this is normal for an 8 year old boy!
You don't like to go to sleep at night and would rather stay up late watching tv or movies. You share a room with Taylor right now and you all take turns in the top and bottom bunks. If it were up to you you would probably still sleep with a night light, but because you share a room with Taylor and she wants it dark you just go with it. You are usually a very early riser. Even on the weekends you are up around 7:30 or 8. No one else in this whole family is like that! So you have learned to just turn the tv on and chill for a while until someone else wakes up! Sorry buddy, the rest of us like our sleep!
You did such a great job in 2nd grade this year. You made all As all year long and made a 100 on every single spelling test you took. You love math and science (which makes your daddy super happy). I tell him all the time I am positive you have the mind of an engineer. You like to take things apart and know exactly how they work and go back together! You don't like to write your spelling words down when you are spelling them. You are insistent on just saying them out loud. But you always spell them right so I don't fuss too much about it! You are so smart and right now want to be a teacher when you grow up. You say you want to teach elementary school, but only up to 4th grade.
Your favorite TV shows are how it's made, impossible engineering, myth busters, and Alaskan bush people. You also like Americas funniest videos and some shows on Nickelodeon. But you would much rather be watching a documentary on space or sharks or wildlife than anything else! You also love cooking shows, specifically the baking wars. We love to sit down on Sunday nights and watch the baking championships. You would love to be a chef one day, or at least make cakes or cupcakes as a side job!
You have enjoyed playing baseball this spring and you did very well. You hit quite a few home runs. You would hit the ball in the outfield most of the time. You don't run extremely fast yet so it is good that you hit it so far! You played 3rd base most games this year and did great at fielding the ball too. I love to watch you play. You also played basketball his past winter and ended up doing really well at that too. It started out kind of rough, but you learned very quickly. You were one of the bigger boys on the team so that helped. You played on the 5 and 6 year old team still because of how your birthday fell. You didn't play football last fall but have already told us that you want to play this year. Hopefully you will be a little more aggressive than the last time you played!
You made the most amazing decision of your life back in April of this year. It was a Monday night around 11 pm and I had just got off the phone with Daddy when you came in my room and said you had been thinking a lot about being saved. We talked more about that and you ended up praying and asking Jesus to come into your heart and save you. You had asked questions about being saved before and had even went forward during bible school almost 2 years ago, but this night I truly felt like God was tugging at your heart and you understood. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. And I was so very thankful that I got to be right there with you when you did it. You called daddy the next day and told him. He was also so very excited. You haven't decided to be baptized yet. You are still asking questions about that and we want to make sure you understand what it means to be baptized before you choose to do it. But whenever you are ready we are ready!
Liam, you are such an amazing guy and I am so proud to call you mine. You have never been a very rough and tumble boy, probably because you have 2 sisters. You are kind and kind of quiet most of the time. You are shy when you are out in public, but around family you are very loud! You are very loving and affectionate. You give the best hugs and always want to make sure you get a hug and kiss goodnight. You are very compassionate and love to help others. Most Sunday mornings after church is over we can find you helping Lila to the car. Holding her door open or helping with her walker. You also love to help daddy work at the church either on work days or in the sound booth. I love that you are learning what it means to be a worker in the church. You are so sweet and loving and I know you are going to make a wonderful husband and daddy someday. Of course, you have a pretty great example to learn from! You have missed your daddy so so much while he has been working in Georgia. You love to talk to him on the phone and always ask if you can FaceTime him. I know it is tough to live in this house with 3 girls but you are doing great with it!I love you so much little boy and am so thankful God blessed us with you!
No comments:
Post a Comment