Kelsey Rae.
Our sweet little princess.
The past 4 years have simply flown by. I cannot believe you are already 4! You are such a joy to be around and truly complete our family. Sometimes we wonder what it would be like without you here and mostly we think, it would be quiet! You love love love to talk!
I think you are a bit smaller than what Taylor and Liam were at 4 years old. I think you may take after me more than they do. You are 40.5 inches tall and 34.6 lbs. You are mostly wearing size 4T clothes but you can still fit in all your 3T stuff. Some of it is so cute we are just wearing it again this summer! You wear a size 7 or 8 shoe. You love your flip flops more than anything. A true southern girl!
You are still sleeping in your crib because honestly it is just easier. This summer has been horrible for bedtimes but during the school year you were usually going to bed around 9 or 9:30. I would lay you in your bed and cover you up and you would say night night. And then you would yell for me to bring you a snack (usually a string cheese *straight cheese*, or a square cheese, or a yogurt smoothie, or a go-gurt, or a bologna). I would bring you that and then you would yell out for a drink (always water). Then you would yell out for a second snack. And because I just didn't have the energy to tell you no or deal with the crying that would take place if I didn't bring it to you, I would give you whatever you wanted. You also call out a lot for me to bring you a baby or a Barbie or some other toy. Or a book. Sometimes I would tell you not to yell again unless it was an emergency. The I would hear you yell and you would say "it's an emergency!" So I would come in there and you would ask if you could have a toy or some crazy thing like that. But you're just so darn cute I just came on in there. Usually you don't go to sleep for at least an hour after you have been out in your bed. But once you are asleep you stay asleep all night and you sleep late in the mornings. So I call that a win! And just this past week you asked if you could stop wearing pull ups at night. I was a bit cautious because you were still peeing lots and lots each night but we decided to see what you would do. And you have been dry all but 2 nights for a week! Yay! Hopefully we can be done with pull ups forever!
You love to play with baby dolls. You are such a good little momma. You will feed your babies and rock your them and change them and take them on trips and do school with them. Sometimes you even put them under your shirt and tell me you have to go to the hospital so they can get the baby out of your tummy. I used to love to play with dolls so it makes my heart happy that you do too. You also love to work puzzles and play with your kitchen set. And you like to play pretend with your little figurines, like Minnie Mouse or doc mcstuffins. And you love shopkins. They are all over the house. You also like any kind of electronics. If you get your tablet and start playing on it we have a very hard time convincing you to be done with it. You like to watch you tube videos of baby alive dolls and you like to watch Peppa pig on you tube.
You loved K3 preschool at Calvary Baptist Church this past year and you really learned a lot. You learned Psalms 100:1-2 and we love to hear you say it. You also learned more about counting and can count to 20. You can recognize all your letters and know a lot of the sounds. You are working very hard to learn to write your name ambit are having a bit of trouble with the E and the S. You love to color and are really doing better about staying in the lines. Your teacher Ms. Beverly said you were always a good girl and listened very well (most of the time...I think you had 2 days where you got a bad note sent home.) you only went to school on Mondays and Friday's this year. You always took great naps there. (Which is crazy because you wouldn't dream about asking a nap at home anymore!)
You have lots of friends but your best buddies are probably Lydia and Emily. You also love to play with Tenley and Leyton but since they are just a little bit younger that friendship is still growing. I think by next year you all will be quite a lot to handle you will be getting into so much trouble together! You also love to play with Maddox at church and Bently and Tyson and Blakely at school.
On Tuesdays Grandma watches you. She usually takes you to her house to play after you wake up. You like to sit in her high chair and eat "chocolate Popsicles" (fudge pops) and wear a bib and watch tv. You did that one day when I was over there and it was so cute. She also takes you to Mammaw's house and you learned very quick where her chocolate and orange slice candies were! You love to get special attention from Grandma and she loves to love on you!
On Wednesdays Nonnie watches you and she takes you to the library in Harriman for their preschool program. She says you usually listen very well and participate in the songs and activities. She did say you were a little shy at first but after you learned the songs and got to know the new librarian there that you did great. Sometimes she would take you out to eat after that or she would bring you back home to eat lunch. Nonnie seats you would usually play very good in your room by yourself (while she would watch young and the restless on tv!). Although sometimes I would come home to a mess in your room with water or crayons or something crazy like that! But you love spending time with Nonnie!
Thursday's are my day off so usually you and me would just relax at home and wash clothes or dishes or just spend time cuddling and watching tv. They were usually lazy days for sure! I will miss you not being there with me next school year!
You love to try to keep up with Taylor and Liam no matter what it is they are doing. You like to jump on the trampoline and do flips and cartwheels with Taylor (you can't wait to start tumbling class this fall!) and you love to ride bikes with Liam. They are your best buddies and you remind them all the time that they have to be nice to you because you are just little!
You love to sing and often times we hear you making up your own songs. You sing a lot of songs from school and from preschool choir at church. I am sure it won't be long until you are up in front of the church singing.
Kelsey Rae, you are such a little ray of sunshine in my life and I don't know what I would do without you. You make me smile and laugh daily. Sometimes I have a bad day and am tired and really miss Daddy and I think you notice that most of the time and just come give me a big bear hug. You also get very excited when you know daddy will be home soon and you give him great big hugs and kisses when you see him. It has been hard on you to understand why daddy works in Georgia during the week. Probably more so than with the other 2 because I can't always explain it in a way you will understand. You like to talk to daddy on the phone though. There was a time in my life when I said I only wanted 2 kids, but honestly, I don't even hardly remember a time you weren't here. It just seems like you were supposed to be here all along. And I know that God had you planned for us long long ago. You make my heart complete and fill a void I didn't even know was there. Yes, it would be quieter without you here, but it would also be a lot more dull. You brighten our lives so much. I am so excited to watch you grow and see who it is God wants you to be. You already love Jesus so much and I know He has good and big plans for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment