I absolutely cannot believe that my little boy is a year old today! I can still remember him being born like it was just yesterday. It has been a roller coaster of a year for us, but this little man has brought a smile to my face every single day. Liam is so full of energy...sometimes I don't know where he gets it from! And he is the most loving little boy that there is. He loves to give hugs and kisses!
So let's see...what is Liam up to these days? He has 3 teeth now, 2 on the bottom and 1 on the top. Everytime he flashes that smile and I see those 2 little teeth I just want to kiss him! He has taken a few steps by himself and can stand on his own...but he isn't quite walking just yet. I wish I had a picture of what he does when he is crawling around outside. It is just the funniest thing. I guess he doesn't want to hurt his knees crawling around on the concrete, so he gets up on his hands and feet and moves around. It looks like he is a monkey or a bear or something! It makes me smile when I see him do it. He loves to push around the little push toy. He thinks he can go anywhere with that! Sometimes he pushes around Taylor's shopping cart or one of her strollers, but after getting those snatched back away from him...he has learned not to mess with her stuff! He can say a few words...the only thing we can understand is Momma, Dadda, and Bye...but he hollers at stuff all the time. Especially Taylor. If he wants her attention he will yell "Ahh" until she looks at him. He loves to feed himself. I couldn't tell you when the last time I fed him with a spoon was. He won't let me! He thinks he has to do everything by himself. His favorite things to eat are macaroni, hamburgers, chicken, potatoes, tomatoes, peaches, and pizza. But he will pretty much try anything. He has also taken a liking to gummies...
Liam has been drinking from a sippy cup for about 2 or 3 months now. He loves juice and has just recently started whole milk. He is doing pretty good with the milk. I am currently in the process of trying to wean him from breastfeeding...and I don't know who is having the harder time, me or him! I know we are both ready to be done with it, but for some reason I am struggling to let go. We have just been doing a night time feeding for the past 4 or 5 days and I think he is just about ready to give that one up too. It will be sad when he is done nursing...but I know it will make him not be so attached to me. I will give an update on that later! For the time being...I am ok still nursing him at night. I don't care what anybody says to me!
Liam is the most wonderful sleeper in the world. I lay him down at night while he is still awake and sometimes he cries for a few minutes, but then he is out like a light and sleeps until about 9 in the morning! For his naps he goes down really easy and sleeps for 2 or 3 hours. If only he could teach Taylor...
I am so excited to see what God has planned for Liam's future. I know that it is bright and full of excitement! I am looking forward to all the little boy things we will get to experience!
1 comment:
I think it's awesome your still breastfeeding. I had to stop really early (6 weeks) because I had to go back to work and wasn't able to pump and stuff. I think it's great you did it for his whole first year. He will be better because of it...and healthier too!! :) Happy Birthday Liam!!
Post a Comment