June 5, 2009 was mine and Will's 5th Anniversary. I cannot believe it has been that long already. I still remember the night I met Will... December 4, 1999. It was at Monica Foley and Justin Disney's 16th Birthday party. I was 15 and Will was 17. He was so nice and sweet and he kept trying to hold my hand. I remember we sat on the tailgate of his truck around the fire for a little while just talking. And at the end of the night Monica made sure he had my number. We talked everynight that next week and we went out on our first date on December 10, 1999. The rest is history I guess! We had so much fun dating and really growing up together. We used to talk about getting married a lot and I felt like it would NEVER happen! But it did happen and it was well worth the wait! It was the most amazing wedding in the world. I will never forget the look on Will's face when my Daddy was walking me down the aisle. He had tears in his eyes and I truly felt like the most beautiful girl in the world. We took the most wonderful honeymoon cruise to the Carribean. We felt like such grown ups on a vacation all by ourselves! We have lived many places together...Tech Village, our house in Rickman, North Carolina, Oakdale, and now with my parents. I don't think we ever thought we would move that much when we first got married...especially since we had both lived in the same houses our entire lives! But we just keep on moving our stuff around and we laugh at the things that have moved with us everytime that we never even use.
The most wonderful things that the last 5 years have given us are our two wonderful children. We always knew we wanted kids...we maybe just didn't plan on having them so close together! But we wouldn't have it any other way now. When Taylor was born she became the center of our world and we both got to see a new side of each other. I loved seeing Will as a Daddy. He was always so good with her. He watched her every other weekend while I worked nights and slept during the day. And I don't ever remember hearing him complain about it. He would just take over Friday evening at 6:30 and have her until Monday morning at 7:30.
And then came Liam. I think when Liam was born we really really started to feel like a family and not just these two kids playing house! Although sometimes I still think we wonder when these kids' parents are going to come pick them up! Will has always been so good with Liam too. He watched the kids a lot last summer while I worked at the hospital and again I don't ever think I remember hearing him complain. He is just the most amazing Daddy in the world.
There have been many ups and downs along the past 5 years...but there have been many more mountains than there has been valleys. But the thing that gets us from mountain to mountain is knowing that God is walking right between us holding our hands and carrying us when we need Him to. Will...I love you more than I ever could possibly begin to tell you. I think most of the time I can just look at you and know what you are thinking. And I know you can read me like a book! Thank you for putting up with my many changing moods...I know it isn't easy to do sometimes. I have enjoyed growing up with you and look forward to growing old with you. I can't wait to see what our future holds. Thank you for always reminding me in the good times and the bad that life won't be like this forever! It helps me savor the good times and know that the bad ones won't last!
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
1 comment:
Congratulations you guys and happy anniversary!! How exciting. It does not seem like that long.
I enjoyed reading your blog.
Oh, magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together. Psalm 34:2
I will praise the name of God with a song, And will magnify Him with thanksgiving. Psalm 69:30
Post a Comment