They deserve nothing but the best and sometimes, I will be honest, they don't get my best. It is stressful to have 2 little kids at home who whine and scream and cling to your leg all the time! And sometimes I think I just check out and pray that Will gets home soon! But I need to have more patience with them and be more calm. They can tell when I get stressed and that makes them stressed and then life just gets harder! So I need to work on being the best Mommy that I can be! Staying at home with kids can be the most stressful job in the world, but I want to enjoy every last day I have with them because I know this time won't last forever. Especially since I am going back to school. I guess Will is going to expect me to do something with this degree and actually work outside of the house one of these days! So right now I just want to enjoy my time at home with my babies...before they aren't babies anymore!
The next thing I want to change is that I want to be a better wife to Will. I want him to know how much I love him and adore him. He is the best husband and is always so helpful and rarely, rarely complains! He is such a good Daddy to the kids and he watches them without hesitation whenever I need him to!
Look at this picture...this was my senior year of high school. I was 18 and Will was 19. We were so young and so so in love! We are more in love now than we ever could have been back then, but it was a lot different back then too! No kids to take care of, no bills to worry about paying, basically no stress! I want to get a few evenings of that back too! I want us to have more "us" time this year and take time to just be a couple sometimes. Sometimes we need to take off the Mommy and Daddy shoes and just be us. I want to be a more understanding and patient wife. I think Will would agree!
The next thing I resolve to change is that I want to grow closer to my Lord. I am a very faithful Christian and am at church everytime the doors are open...but this doesn't create a close relationship with God. I want to pray more, read the Bible more, and spend time just listening to what God has to tell me. I pray for my family all the time, but sometimes I neglect to pray for those who need it most. I want to spend more time in prayer for my friends and for those who aren't necessarily my most favorite people! I want to help people more. And give to those in need.
Next...me and Will want to get a better hold on our finances. To do this, we are fixing to take a class by Dave Ramsey. Financial Peace University. A lot of couples in the church are taking this class together and we are very excited about it. Let me explain something first. We both have college degrees. We are very smart people who have just maybe not made the best decisions in the world over the past 3 or 4 years. We have not made bad decisions...it just seems like we jumped into things and made decisions at the wrong times. So now we find ourselves living with my parents and our two kids! We really really hope to sell our house in NC in the next few months. This house has been a thorn in our side since we moved back to TN. Selling this house will be a big step towards moving forward in our lives. Once that happens, we can finally buy a house and move out of Momma and Daddy's house! We are grateful that they have taken us in, but it has been kinda stressful for us! On our road to "financial peace" we hope to pay off some of our other debts and begin saving money like people should do! This is a goal that we hope to work on and be successful at this year!
I think that basically sums it up for me. Be a better Mommy, a better wife, a better Christian, and get our life and finances in order! We want our own house to live in and raise our kids in. We already found the house we want, and we are now just waiting patiently until the time comes that we can move into it. We know that God has big plans for us. And we know that all things work together for good to those who love the Lord.
And another side note...I would also like to lose about 30 lbs this year! But I am not going to resolve to lose any weight because then it won't happen! But I am going to strive to eat better and to exercise more this year. Just little steps at a time and no big drastic changes! Hopefully I can give some good updates on that in a few months!
4 comments:
Those are great "life changes"! I feel like I check out sometimes with the kids, too. After a long day of whining, sometimes it is hard not to! I asked Darren if he was interested in the Financial Peace classes. We definitely are, but don't know if we will have time to attend because I'm about to start working at H&R Block in the evenings. It's tax season! :)
I have a very very similar post coming soon! I broke down 3 of your big ones into 21 different objectives! HAHAHA! I have had a couple of HUGE prayers answered this year, and I am hoping that next year at this time, I will be able to say the same thing. He works on His own time. Staying at home is indeed a stressful occupation--I totally agree!
I can totally agree about staying at home! Also Scot and I are in the middle of FPU with Dave right now and it is the best decicion we have ever made! You will not regret doing it! I reccommend it to everyone, in debt or not, you can learn so much from these classes.
HA I meant ScoTT and I! I can't believe I spelled my husbands name wrong! Let's just not tell him about that one ladies!
Post a Comment