Thursday, February 18, 2010

So What's New?

I am so upset that it has been almost a month since I have posted anything! We have just been so so busy around here lately. I don't even know where to begin!

I started back to school the end of January and it has been interesting to say the least! I have class from 9 - 5 every Tuesday and that makes for a very long day! I have Women's Health in the morning and Nursing Theories in the afternoon. I have clinicals on Wednesday and Thursday each week at UT OBGYN center. I am loving my clinicals and learning a lot! I love women's health. I know some people don't really like this part of clinicals...but I am just having the best time! But school is keeping me very busy this semester. I have clinical write-ups due every Tuesday and a lot of papers due throughout the semester. So pray for me as I try to divide my time between family and school!

We also started the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University class in January. We are learning so much in this class and are really putting into practice what we are learning. We are on our way to becoming debt free now and I am so excited that we have a plan! This class is on Tuesday nights so our Tuesdays are jammed pack full of stuff...but we love the class so much that we really don't care how tired we are. We are taking the class at church and are enjoying the fellowship time we are having with our friends and the relationships we are making stronger because of the class. If you haven't ever heard of this class I encourage you to look up Dave Ramsey's sight on the internet and see what it is all about. Pray for us as we continue on this journey...because I know that it isn't always going to be easy. I have a feeling that just as everything is going great, Satan will be there to try to bring us down. But I know that God is big enough to bring us through everything!

Let's see...we have got A LOT of snow here these past few weeks! Or at least for us it has been a lot! The kids have enjoyed getting out in the snow and playing and I think Taylor is sad that the snow days are probably over. But I told her it should be warming up soon and she would get to go outside and ride her bike and that made it all better! And Liam wasn't a huge fan of the snow...so I know he will be glad to see it go! And I am too! I think all this cold weather has a tendency to cause depressed moods and attitudes around here! So I am looking forward to some warmth and sunshine!

So that is about all that has been going on around here lately. Taylor had surgery today...but I am hoping to blog about that tomorrow and have some pictures to go along with it! (I hope!) We are getting closer to closing on our house in NC we think. We are pretty sure that the closing date will be the end of March. We are getting so anxious. But we know that God is in control. He gives us more patience that we ever thought we could have. We are all getting a little stir crazy here in Nonnie and Poppy's house. We are so grateful for their generosity...but it is time for us to have our own house again! We have found a house that we love...but I will wait to share about that until we can actually call it ours. And we can't do that until we sell the house in NC! Again...the Lord gives us patience and we know that He is in control!

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28



No comments: