Friday, July 16, 2010

Dreams, Wishes, VBS, and the Potty

Some pretty exciting things have been happening around here lately! But before we get to that, I have to tell you the cutest thing ever!

The other morning Taylor...who talks and sings non-stop during her awake hours...was talking to me in the car. Here is how the conversation went...

Taylor-Mommy...Mommy...Mommy...Mommy...Mommy (you get the picture right!!)

Me-What honey?

Taylor-I had a dream last night!

Me-You did? What was it about?

Taylor-I can't tell you.

Me-Why?

Taylor-You know why Mommy. Because a dream is like a wish Mommy, and if I tell you, it won't come true. You know Mommy...(breaks out into song)...A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you are asleep (got the words a little messed up!)

Me-That is right honey!

Taylor-But I'll tell you later anyways...as long as you don't tell Daddy!

Is that not the cutest thing ever?? By the way...name that movie!

And then on to the exciting news...Liam used the potty!!
That is right folks, my barely two years old little boy peed in the potty twice and pooped once in the potty yesterday! And he had no accidents in the floor! And then he woke up dry this morning (not too unusual for him) and he peed in the potty this morning too!

I know you are just dying to know how in the world we accomplished this!! Well, I did the same thing I did with Taylor, I let him run around naked! It may seem a little unconventional but it works! Well, that and the fact that Liam gets M&Ms if he pees or poops in the potty! The boy loves him some chocolate!

I know we have a long road ahead of us to getting him potty trained, but I thought he did great for the first day of trying! We have been buying diapers for 3 1/2 years now (9 months of that time we were buying diapers for 2!) and we are just about over diapers. Well, big kid diapers anyways! (I honestly would love to buy those little newborn diapers again...but not yet!) I don't really have any expectations for him other than that he start liking to use the potty and eventually not like being wet or dirty! He is such an amazing little boy!

The kids have been going to bible school at White Oak (Will's church) this week and they have been having so much fun. Taylor loves her cousin Rhylan and everything that has to do with her so much and loves to be around her. And Liam just likes to be around Taylor! They have been meeting a lot of new friends and remembering some they already knew but don't get to see a lot. The kids at Will's church will be a lot of the kids they end up going to school with so I am glad they are getting to see them!

The first night they learned about Noah's ark and all the animals. On the way home Will asked them if they learned about Noah and his big boat. They yelled yes. Will asked them what was on the boat and Liam said "Wa-wa on that boat!" Then Taylor proceeded to tell him that all the animals were drowning in the water! Wow...my kids have very big imaginations, and itty bitty listening skills!

But I love them so so much!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome about the potty! My son was soooo much harder to train than my girls. :)

My kids LOVE VBS, too! They always have a great time.