Thursday, August 4, 2011

Growing Up

This precious little girl right here


She is fixing to start Pre-K

And I just can't believe it.

We went today to meet her teachers (one she met at Pre-K camp back in June but the other one is new), see her classroom, and pick up a pack of papers that we have to fill out. Taylor was very shy around her teachers, but she did walk around the room for a minute and find her cubby and where she will hang her backpack and put her extra clothes.

I had ALL KINDS of questions for her teachers. I think they were getting annoyed at me asking a ton of questions, but hey, I like to be as informed as I can. I needed to know about what she needed to pack in her lunch and what kind of clothes she should wear and what kind of things she would be doing in class. They also offered up a lot of information about nap time and that she could bring a doll and blanket. They also said that her breakfast and snack would be provided for her every day. There are still questions that I can think of that I wish I would have asked, but we will have a meeting on the morning of her first day with the kids and parents.

I think Taylor is excited about going. Some days she acts like she can't wait but other days she says it won't be fair that she will have to go to school and me and Liam will get to come back home and play and watch TV all day. It is those days that I feel guilty about sending her. But I know that she will learn so much and will have fun too. I just think it will be easier when I am going to work and Liam is going to daycare. She will go for her first day next Thursday. We are going tomorrow to buy her backpack and a new thermos for her lunchbox. She didn't need any other school supplies, they provide everything else she needs.

I know it is crazy, but I worry about Taylor starting preschool and being exposed to people who are being raised differently than she is. I am so afraid that she is going to come home and start saying words that we don't use around here. And I am afraid that she is going to hear about bad things and be exposed to bad things. Her little mind is just so impressionable right now, and the girl will literally believe anything you tell her. She loves God so much and knows that He is the one we should follow and listen to. So my prayer is that she will take Jesus to school with her and be a light to her friends. Even at 4 years old, I think that she can influence people in a good way. I hope she continues to know right from wrong and that she doesn't try to fit in with her little preschool friends just because she thinks it is "cool." I am sure that I shouldn't worry about this stuff while she is so little, but I do because the world is so different than it used to be. And until now I have been able to keep her sheltered at home and church and christian daycare.

So just pray for me and her as she starts school!

1 comment:

Mona said...

Taylor will do just great at school. It might surprise you how fast she finds her place in the class. She just may try and take over within a few weeks! She is so smart, just like her momma!