Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A New Recipe

Tonight I made something different for supper. I feel like I always make the same stuff all the time and I sometimes get tired of it. Will says he doesn't care, and I am sure he truly doesn't, but I like to switch it up every now and then.

Since I have been at home during the day now I have had some time to look for new things to try. I have to be choosy when picking something new to try because Will can be rather picky when it comes to eating, which is fine, just makes it harder to cook!

I ran across this new recipe today on the Women Living Well website.

It is called
Crescent Chicken
(All pictures came from her website)


Ingredients
1 pkg jumbo crescent rolls
2 cups chopped cooked chicken (I boiled 1 chicken breast and that was enough. I probably could have used 1 1/2 -2 chicken breasts though)
1 cup shredded cheese (she shows real shredded cheese, I used Kroger bagged shredded cheese)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of milk (using soup can)

Prepare soup using milk and set aside. Separate crescent rolls. Spoon chicken and cheese onto each crescent; roll and seal to enclose filling. Place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour soup over rolls. Bake at 350 degrees uncovered for 30 mins.




Mine did not look quite that perfect but they still turned out great!


Add salt and pepper to taste


She recommended serving it with mashed potatoes and a vegetable and I do to! The soup makes a great gravy for the potatoes!

I think this will be a new favorite around here. The kids even ate it right up!
I think I might add mushrooms next time!

1 comment:

Mona said...

That looks good! I guess I missed my phone call to come to dinner?!?