Thursday, February 7, 2013

Life with 3 Kids

**I found this post that I wrote sometime in July or August but never did post. It made me laugh and cry all at the same time. Thought I would go ahead and post it now just so I will never forget what I was feeling in those first few weeks with 3 kids!


Life around here is, can we say, busy!

I have heard people say it both ways...

Going from two to three was no big deal! If you can handle two, you can handle three.

or

Having three kids is so much harder than having two kids! It is crazy!

At this particular moment in time I am going to go with the latter.

And not because Kelsey is a bad baby because she isn't! She is a very easy baby who sleeps a lot!

But being the Mommy of three kids is very trying for me. I can see that when Kelsey gets to be about 3 years old that it won't be any harder to have three than it was to have two. But right now, life is crazy.

I feel pulled in so many different directions most of the time and I feel very guilty that I can't give anyone my undivided attention right now.

Most of the time right as I sit down to feed Kelsey, a time that is supposed to be sweet and bonding time for the two of us, someone else needs something. Most often it is that Liam has just used to the bathroom and needs me to wipe him.

Have you ever tried to nurse a baby and wipe a four year old? Not the easiest task in the world.

And I feel so bad for Taylor most of the time because she is so easy going (most of the time) that she will almost be ignored most of the day because she just stays to herself and plays in her room and doesn't complain.

I am trying not to let the tv be a babysitter for Taylor and Liam, but honestly, sometimes it is. If it wasn't, I would never get anything else done.

And let's just forget having any time to actually have a decent conversation with Will. I miss my husband. He comes home every night but then has to get the outside stuff done (garden, mowing) and then I need his help just holding a fussy Kelsey or doing something for one of the other two. And then before I know it it is already 10pm and he is needing to take a shower and go to bed. And then there I am with 3 kids by myself again! None of which will go to bed!

I am trying to figure out how I am supposed to do it all...especially when I go back to work (which I don't even want to think about and is a whole other emotional post on it's own).

I know I am not the first person to ever have 3 kids or to ever feel overwhelmed by being greatly outnumbered by the kids, but I just needed to get these feelings out! And remember how I felt these first few weeks home with 3 kids.

I know it will get easier, but until then, I will be an unshowered, ungroomed, overwhelmed, frazzled mess...who has been blessed more than I deserve!

1 comment:

Mona said...

Is this really you - back in the blogging world? Listen to the voice of experience - it WILL get better with 3 kids. I have lots of time now - it just took me 26 years to get to this point!! You will find a way to balance it all and you will enjoy every moment of their growing up years. I have a lot of confidence in your abilities!!