Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Going to just start over...

Ok...I know...I am a terrible blogger.
 
I have wanted to blog so many things so many times so that we can remember them years from now, but I feel like I don't have one free second these days. And if by some miracle I do have a free second, the last thing I want to do is sit on the computer. Most of the time sleep wins out.
 
But seriously, I want to start recording this again for my family so that we don't forget all of the little everyday things I love to go back and read about.
 
I thought about trying to do a huge year in review post to catch up to today, but I just don't think I have the energy. Maybe after I get started again I can go back and add in some posts for really important things.
 
Ok...so here goes!
 
We recently had some pictures of the kids made and while they definitely weren't the best pictures we have ever had made, they were still pretty cute.
 






 
 
Taylor is 7 and is the most amazing little girl in the world. She is too smart for her own good. She is reading well above her grade level (in my opinion) and is also very good at math. She loves tumbling right now and is getting pretty good at it. She is almost doing her back handspring by herself. She cartwheels all over the living room and can hold a handstand for quite a long time. She got an American Girl doll for her birthday. She named her Hannah. She loves her so much and plays with her a lot. She loves to fix her hair. She loves to play with baby dolls and pretend she is a Momma. She also loves to watch Full House on her tablet at night. She is so sweet and loving but is also becoming quite sensitive about things. She loves to dress up in dresses and wear bows in her hair!
 
Liam is 5 1/2 and is all boy. He is doing great in school and is reading a little now. He is stubborn at times and I pray for his teacher often! He is taking speech at school because he has a little bit of trouble with some of his beginning sounds. But I can already tell a little difference and I hope he doesn't have to do speech for long. He loves to play with legos. He is learning to follow the directions in the books and do them on his own but loves it when Mommy and Daddy build with him. He also loves to play Minecraft on his tablet and watch movies on there at night. He hates clothes and runs around in his underwear most of the time. Freezes me to death. He is such a Momma's boy but is learning to love to do things outside with Daddy. He likes to help in the garden, work on the van and truck, and do anything with tools. He got his own little tool set for Christmas and has got a chance to use it a few times and you can tell he feels so proud when he gets to help. He also always wants to help Mommy in the kitchen.
 
Kelsey is 18 months old and is a little wild child! She is a dare-devil and loves to climb on the table, the toy box, step-stools, the back of the couch. She is such little smarty pants. She can say a lot of her ABCs and she can count to 10 (minus 9...she won't say 9). She is putting lots of words and phrases together. The other day we were in the car picking up Taylor and Liam and she started saying "I like Taylor. I like Bubba. I like Daddy." Cutest thing ever. She runs all over the house and is trying to learn to jump. When she sees Taylor doing cartwheels and handstands she will sometimes start trying to do that too. Her appetite varies from day to day. Sometimes she eats a lot, and sometimes she doesn't eat at all. She is still nursing and asks for "milk-milk" when she wants it. On days I am at work it is usually only 2 or 3 times in the evenings that she nurses but on days that I am home she nurses probably 4-5 times in a day. We enjoy the together time. It is about the only time she will sit still! She loves to read books together and will bring lots and lots of books to you to read to her. She is watched by her Nonnie one day a week and her Grandma 3 days a week. And then our favorite day is Thursday when Mommy gets to stay home. She is such a sweetie. (she would be even sweeter if she would sleep through the night every night!!)
 
Will is happy at his job but is always looking for something more permanent. I like my job at NHC but always feel the constant struggle in my mind with wanting to be at home full-time and wanting to be at work with grown ups.
 
One thing that keeps me going back to work though is that we are finally ready to start building our house!!!! We are getting so close to getting started. We hope to start in late March or April. I know a new house won't change our hectic schedules or the amount of time we have to work, but I hope it will help cut down on clutter in our lives since we will have more room to spread out and have some storage space finally!!! And I am so excited about a bigger kitchen and 2 sinks in the master bath and a bigger garage and Kelsey having her own room...and the list could go on and on!
 
Ok, here are some recent pictures from our crazy life. I am really really hoping I can keep up blogging this time because my kids are hilarious and I don't want to forget all the little things they do that make me smile.
 
 



 



The following is what happens when I try to hide in the bathroom for a few minutes...





They stand out there and knock and carry on and wait until I come out. Never a quiet moment!!
 


Wearing Mommy's socks. Later that night she wanted to sleep with them...not on her feet, but literally curled up and hugging them. I draw the line there. She cannot sleep with dirty socks! 
 

1 comment:

Mona said...

GREAT job on starting your blog again! I would love to have some of the kids pictures for my walls (hint - hint!) You will have a lot of memories to record because your kids say the most amazing things!