To say I have been a bad blogger for the past 7 months would be an understatement.
But what can I say...I have been just a little busy!
I will try to start where I left off and do a very quick fast forward month by month!
July was a blur to me. We came home from the hospital on Sunday, just a little over 24 hours after Kelsey was born. Dr. Walker tried to tell me I should stay another day, but I was so anxious to get home. (I sooooooo wish I would have stayed another night!)
We got home around 3 or 4pm and got all of about 30 minutes of rest while Will went to pick up my medicine from Walgreens. After that Tim and Amber brought Taylor and Liam back home from swimming and they brought supper. After church was over Nonnie and Poppy, and Kimberly and her crew, and Beverly and Katie Kring stopped by to visit. I was so excited to show off Kelsey, but I really just wanted everyone to get out of my house! I was so so tired and needed sleep. But you can't exactly kick people out! Finally, after 9pm, everyone left and we tried to settle into this new little life.
We had to get up kind of early the next morning and go to the doctor so they could check out Kelsey. That went really well so we, being the smartest parents ever, decided to stop at IHop before heading home. Worst. Decision. Ever. Do you know how hard it is to keep people from trying to touch your 2 day old baby? I was ready to leave before our food even came.
Will stayed home with us the next day too and again, we just spent some time trying to figure out our new little one. But then Wednesday came and Will went back to work and I was left at home with 3 kids! I don't know how I survived!
The next few weeks were a blur, so luckily I have some pictures! Taylor had her softball party and the kids enjoyed that. We also went on an adventure the last Sunday of the month. We drove down behind Grandma's house and found a nice creek to play in. We got lost a few times, and had to climb down a mountain to get to it. But no one was hurt and everyone had fun. I hope we can go back sometime this next summer. Not much else happened except that the kids went to the dentist!
Getting ready to leave the hospital
Man I look rough!
She hated the swing from day one
Sweet girl with her ball trophy
We canned about a bazillion cans of spaghetti sauce and salsa...
Loves her little sister so so much
Pinterest picture FAIL
She did NOT want her picture taken in this cute outfit!
Playing in the creek
No comments:
Post a Comment