Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Halloween 2009


Is this not the cutest Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse you have ever seen?


We had a great Halloween and enjoyed visiting with lots of family and friends. We started off our night getting goodies from Nonnie and Poppy. The kids enjoyed opening their cards and seeing their candy that Nonnie got them. But then we quickly got in the van and headed on our way.


Our first stop was Grandma's house. They loved the gummies they got from her and had one pack eat before we even got to the next house! Then we stopped at Sandra and Bunt's house, then Candy and Reggie's (they weren't home but had goodies set out on the front porch!), and then Darlene's house. Darlene had chips, juice boxes and peanut M&M's (Liam's favorite!).

Next we headed back down the mountain to Hidden Acres where a lot of our friends were. The whole way there the kids were eating candy non-stop! I actually worried about their little bellies hurting! We stopped at Debbie and Mike's house first and Jessica and John T were there too. They had lots of great Halloween goodies that we endulged on! Then we went to another house that had a "haunted sidewalk" and the kids didn't know what to think of that! Then we headed on to Henson and Elaine's house where we saw Isabel, Levi, and Jenna! Some of the kids best friends!



Next we stopped at Sonic and as you can see...they were giving the kids free ice cream cones! Liam was very excited about this! Amber wanted to show off the dogs and her neices and nephews to the people she worked with. Sadly...I didn't get a picture of the dogs all night. I don't know why...I guess I just never took a picture of them. (sorry Amber!)


The next stop was Mason and Joyce Goodman's house. They always enjoy seeing the kids and the kids love to run all over their house! While we were there Liam saw that they had bananas in a bowl and he just had to have one! Then Mason needed one and Taylor too. So I feel bad that they were taking all the bananas...but glad they would rather eat a banana than all that candy they had!


Our last stop was Lila's house and it was so late that she thought we might not be coming! But we would never think about not going to her house! She had goodies for the kids and had given them cards. The kids ran all over her house until they were finally exhausted and ready to go home!

When we got home the kids crashed from their sugar rush and finally fell asleep while me and Will watched the ballgame that we recorded.

It was a great Halloween. It was the first holiday that Taylor has actually realized what was going on. She was so excited to say "Trick or Treat" at all the houses and she kept yelling "Happy Halloween!" I thought the kids would be uncooperative and not wear their costumes...Liam especially...but they did great and had a great time. I can't wait to spend all these other holidays with them and see the joy through their eyes. It is like getting to relive your childhood all over again. And I am loving every minute of it!




2 comments:

The Newmans said...

Elle totally would have been all over Liam if she could have seen him! She is beside herself everytime she sees Mickey Mouse! I was thinking about doing a Mickey Mouse theme for her first birthday party. You think I could hire Liam to come be the mascot at the party?! :)

Mona said...

You didn't say anything about it being Will that got Liam to wear the Mickey headpiece by calling it a "toboggan"! I really had a great time seeing the kids get excited with each stop.