Really? 3 1/2 years already?
I can still remember it like yesterday when they placed this beautiful little girl in my arms and God told me I got to be her Mommy forever.
I can still remember it like yesterday when they placed this beautiful little girl in my arms and God told me I got to be her Mommy forever.
And here we are, 3 1/2 yeas later. I cannot even believe it has been that long since this little beauty came into our lives! Taylor is one of the smartest little girls I know. And she is so full of energy!Taylor weighs about 35 lbs right now and she is 40 inches tall. She is a big girl! She pretty much talks non-stop from the time she wakes up until she goes to sleep and she makes sure everybody hears her!
Taylor loves to eat and most of the time she eats pretty good. She isn't too picky, but she doesn't like most green vegetables. Well, she doesn't eat any vegetables really good, except mashed potatoes. The girl can put away some mashed potatoes! She also likes to eat salad which makes me happy! She loves bananas and she loves chicken nuggets. But here lately she has also been eating hamburgers really good. She likes them with mayonnaise and cheese, just like her Daddy! And of course she loves french fries and macaroni and cheese. Those are probably her favorite! She still only drinks milk (mainly chocolate milk), juice, or water. She will occasionally drink kool-aid at church, but she just isn't a big fan of it.
She can say her ABCs very very well and is beginning to recognize some letters. She definitely knows what a T is because as she says...that is her name! She can write the letter T. She is also starting to put the sounds letters make with the letters. She has her cousin Abigail to thank for that! She can count to 20 and can count to 10 in Spanish. She knows the whole Pledge of Allegiance and loves to hold up a flag and say it, she even knows which hand to put over her heart. She also knows most of the Pledge to the Bible (she is all ready for VBS!). She knows all her colors and shapes. She tells me all the time that green means go and red means stop. She asks us all the time to remind her what yellow means and I tell her it means slow down and Will tells her it means speed up! She will figure it out!
She is such a great big sister. She loves Liam so much. She really likes to mother him! But she is also a pretty big tattle-tell! She never hesitates to tell us what Liam is doing wrong or what he is doing to her. But for the most part they play pretty good together.
Taylor loves to play with baby dolls. She has about a bazillion of them and sometimes she will line them all up on the couch and lecture them about what they are and aren't supposed to do. She sends them to "school" (which involves me being the teacher!) and they have to take naps. Her newest thing is putting a baby doll under her shirt and walking around like she is pregnant. She then tells me she has to go to the doctor to get the baby out. And then she will come back and say, "Isn't she so beautiful?" I love it! It is quite funny to see her with those babies under he shirt though. She holds her babies on her hip and will rock them and shhh them if she thinks they are upset. She loves to dress them and undress them. She sleeps with her baby with a paci in it's mouth every night. She has named her Sarah...but sometimes calls her Jo-Jo too.
Speaking of sleep...we are still working on that. Once she gets to sleep, she is the best little sleeper. It is the getting to sleep part that is becoming more and more difficult! I know that most of that is our fault, but we are going to work on it more once we get moved. She still has to fall asleep while sitting with one of us on the couch. Sometimes it is 11 or 12 before she finally gives it up. But like I said...once she gets to sleep, she is fine! She sleeps in her full-size bed with her princess sheets and stays there until morning. It has been a long time since she has woken up in the middle of the night to come in our room and sleep. (watch...she will do it tonight!) She still wears pull-ups at night but she begs me all the time to just let her wear panties to bed. I probably would if she didn't pee in her pull-up almost every night. I am just not ready to clean up that mess every night yet!
She loves to play dress up. The last time we were at Miki Meadows house she gave Taylor a Cinderella dress up dress and Taylor has worn it around the house just about every day since. She LOVES to act like a princess. She will put on the dress, the slippers, the crown, the gloves, the rings...and then she will want you to call her name (Cinderella) and then she walks over to you and bows like they do in the movie Cinderella when everyone is being introduced to the prince. And she asks her Daddy all the time if he will be her prince...he of course says yes!
Taylor loves to wear dresses and she is just loving that the weather is getting warmer so she can wear sundresses just about everywhere we go! She is also getting pretty particular about how her hair looks. Sometimes I will start to put her hair in a ponytail and she will object saying she wants to wear her hair down today. I just laugh and go get the detangler spray! She still hasn't had her first haircut but I know it is getting about time to do that. I guess a part of me is kind of afraid she might lose her curls if we cut her hair. But I think the curls are pretty much here to stay!
Taylor sometimes has an attitude problem and she is very moody...I don't know WHERE she gets it from! She can go from being in the best mood to pitching a complete fit in no time! And the whining has gotten pretty bad! We have to remind her all the time that we do not respond to whining and if she wants something she needs to ask in a nice, non-whiney voice! It doesn't always work that easily! I know she is just trying to push our buttons sometimes, and boy does she! I am hoping this is just something that she will grow out of...because if not I see a lot of time outs and spankings in her future!
The other day we were in the car and Taylor looked at Liam and said, "You want to whine with me Liam?" He said yeah and they proceeded to just whine and whine. It was the funniest thing ever! I couldn't help but laughing.
Taylor loves to go to church. She has a lot of friends there and is starting to learn so much. She has started asking a lot of questions lately about God and Jesus and Heaven. We talk to her about it whenever she wants and try to answer all her questions the best we can. She asked me one day what happens to someone when they die. I don't know how she even knew to ask this question. But I told her if they love Jesus then they go to Heaven. She asked where Heaven was and I just told her it was somewhere in the sky. She asked how we get there and I told her God just lets us fly up there. So then she looked at me with those big blue eyes and said, "So we turn into birds when we die?" I told her no, and she just kind of left it at that. She says the sweetest little prayers sometimes. As most of you know already we have been living at Nonnie and Poppy's house for a year now and we are trying our best to buy a house. Most nights Taylor sits on the couch and asks if she can pray. We say yes of course. She will bow her little head and tell God that she really wants a new house and that please let the house people give us a house. It breaks my heart sometimes...But then she will proceed to pray for her Mommy and Daddy and Liam and whoever else she can think of at that moment. She is just so sweet.
Taylor loves to sing! She knows so many songs and will sometimes even make some up! She even puts dances to them sometimes. She says her favorite song is "Jesus Loves the Little Children." She also likes to sing the Wheels on the Bus with Liam. I love that she loves to sing. I can't wait until the day that me and her can sing something together in church. I know it will still be a few years before that, but I am looking forward to it!
Taylor loves to be outside and is getting pretty good at riding her bike, as long as she stays on the flat part of the driveway! She loves to play in her playhouse outside and loves to get dirty! It cracks me up sometimes how she is such a little princess one minute and then she goes and rolls in the dirt the next minute!
Taylor, you are the most amazing little girl in the world. I love you more than I could ever write about on here. Sometimes I feel like we made you grow up a little bit too fast because you had a little brother on the way. Sometimes I wish I could go back to those days when me and you would get to stay at home together when you were really little. We were attached at the hip most of the time back then. So it breaks my heart a little bit to know how independent you are now. But I know that you are supposed to grow up and I am enjoying watching you and all that you do! You are such a bright light in my life and I love watching the new things you are learning to do. I hope you always know how much me and your Daddy love you. And more importantly, I hope you always know how much God loves you. You truly are a princess because you are the daughter of a Heavenly King! Never let anyone tell you any different! I love you so much. I hope you will always share your heart with me like you do now. You pretty much tell me everything right now and I never want that to change. You are so beautiful inside and out and I love you so much!
1 comment:
I am just thankful that you moved back to Tennessee! The roads were long to NC!! SO glad we have the opportunity to have Taylor and Liam in our lives. Taylor is such a PRINCESS, truly dressing the part!
Post a Comment