Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Weekend Getaway

This past weekend me and Will got to get away for a couple of days. We were celebrating a couple of different things. First and foremost we were celebrating our anniversary a few weeks early. Our 6th anniversary is in a few weeks! Next we were celebrating me being done with my second semester of graduate school! And thirdly...we just needed a little break from the kids! We are human, and as much as they are a blessing in our life, they get on our nerves sometimes too! So we needed some Will and Kristy time!

For my birthday my mom sent my name into WIVK for them to read my name off on the radio. I ended up being the big winner for the week and I won a 2-night stay with Sunset Cottage, a gift card to Tony Roma's, and tickets to see Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat (not so excited about that last one!). So anyways...we decided to use the cabin stay this past weekend and like I said earlier, celebrate our anniversary early. We started the weekend off by leaving the kids with my mom and giving lots and lots of instructions and then heading up to Sevierville. We ate at Tony Roma's and got to use our gift card. We had never eat there before. It was pretty good, but a little expensive. We would be just as happy eating at Red Lobster or O'Charley's! Then we left there and got checked into our cabin. We almost thought we weren't going to find the cabin...it was way back in the woods and up the mountain! But we got settled in and enjoyed getting to go to sleep without having to put any babies to sleep first!

The next morning we got up and got ready to go to Dollywood! We have season tickets this year (thank you Momma for letting us cash in all our gifts for this year for those!) and were really looking forward to enjoying a day by ourselves! We got to ride every ride we wanted to and didn't really have to wait in any lines too long. We thought it was going to rain all day, but it turned out to be a pretty great day. It didn't start to look like rain until about 4:00, so we left then. We went back to the cabin and I just about passed out. I was so tired! We got cleaned up and decided to go out to eat. We decided we wanted some Japanese food and we didn't even get to the restaurant until 8:00. We laughed about this because we would never get to eat that late with the kids! If you are ever in Pigeon Forge and want some Japanese try Little Tokyo. It is on one of the backroads and it was so good!

We got up late the next morning and took our time getting ready.

A little sidenote...I took a new book with me to read over the weekend. If you ever have a chance to read it, you need to! It is by Angie Smith. It is called I Will Carry you and it has been amazing so far. It is really a book about grief and losing a child, but it has such an inspirational message in it. Angie relates some of the things she went through to what people in the Bible went through. And it is just an amazing book! I highly recommend it! But just a warning...I have not finished the book yet, and I have already cried through a lot of it. So just be aware!

So anyway...we took our time getting ready and then got checked out and went straight to IHOP! We love IHOP! We enjoyed one last meal by ourselves and really enjoyed just talking and listening to each other! We took our time getting back home. We of course had to stop at Tanger Outlet. Then it rained on us the rest of the way home!

We had such a great weekend away. When we got home we (or I) were really missing the kids. I think we all needed some time away to really appreciate each other! But this little princess was waiting for us when we got back...well, she was taking a nap when we got back...but it didn't take her long to get dressed up for us! Taylor spent the night with Kimberly on Friday night and then Tim and Amber on Saturday night. I think she feels so grown up when she gets to be away from us for a sleep over. I am glad she had a great weekend. And thank you all for watching her for us! She can be a handful I know...but thank you so much for letting us get away for the weekend!

And then there is this little monster! Let me start off by saying...did you really think I wouldn't post this story on our blog? I want us all to remember it forever and ever!

Liam spent the night with my Mom and Dad all weekend. Momma said he was a perfect little angel going to sleep Friday night and woke up in such a good mood Saturday morning. Me and Will got a phone call on Saturday while we were at Dollywood and at first all Will could hear was Momma and Kimberly having a conversation saying, "just tell them not to panic!" Yeah...not what we want to hear when we are miles and miles away from our baby! Kimberly let us know that Liam fell and busted his head open and she was going to take him to the doctor to have it looked at. Later on, we found out that Liam actually fell into the POOL and busted his head on the steps! Let me just say right now that he is fine, but I was beside myself for a little bit! I cannot believe that my little boy is not at all afraid of the water. That scares me to death!! I am by no means upset at the TWO responsible adults who were watching my baby when he fell in the pool! But I am very thankful to Kimberly for jumping in and saving him and for taking him to the doctor! Liam got his head glued back together and he is fine (other than that little limp...just kidding Nonnie!!!). The next time we are all out around the pool he will be getting a big lesson in pool safety though!

And then just another side note...this morning I went into Liam's room after he had woke up and the first thing he said to me was "My boo-boo all gone!" I laughed and looked at his head and he had picked all the glue off his boo-boo! It was now open again and I was afraid it was going to get infected or start bleeding again. So we took a trip to Kimberly's and he got steri-strips on his boo-boo. Hopefully he will leave it alone and it won't leave a big scar on his head. But even if it does he will still be the most beautiful little boy in the world! But I think we will reschedule the birthday pictures we were going to do this weekend!

Overall we all had a great weekend! Me and Will got some time away to just be us and the kids got to spend some quality time with some of their favorite people! I do wish the big boo-boo could have been avoided...but I am so thankful that things didn't turn out bad in that situation! I know that we are very lucky that someone was right there with Liam and pulled him out of the water very quickly. Like I said before...he will be getting a big water safety lesson in the days to come!

You fill me with joy in your presence
Psalm 16:11

1 comment:

Mona said...

I'm glad you were able to get away. Liam really was good the entire weekend in spite of his little accident! Just let me know when you want me to keep him again - I'm ready! Taylor's curls are really pretty, but she does enjoy it when Amber straightens her hair. It just makes her look SO different!