Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Trip to Dollywood and A Mickey Mouse Birthday Party!

On Liam's birthday we decided to head to Dollywood to celebrate the day!

And this little guy was pretty excited about it!

So was this little girl!

We rode the cars first. Taylor was so excited to drive her Daddy around!

And Liam drove Mommy around

He concentrated so much the whole time he was driving! He really wanted me to stop taking pictures of him! Every time we would see Will and Taylor he would be concentrating so much he wouldn't hardly wave at them!

And probably the favorite part of the whole day...the train ride! Liam loved it!

And then of course they rode every ride over there in the country fair area that they were tall enough to ride!

We really had a great day at Dollywood. This is the first year we have had season tickets in a long time so we are really looking forward to being able to go a lot this summer and fall. It was a nice day at the park, but it was really hot. But we just kind of took our time getting everywhere and the kids had a great time!

Me and Will both had ballgames that night so it made for a really long day, but it was completely worth it to know how much fun Liam had on his birthday!

Friday began a mad rush to get ready for Liam's Birthday Party that was that night. I had made these cookies a couple of days before so that helped a lot! I thought they turned out pretty cute! I used them as favors for the party.

And then I was crazy enough to think I could make the cake for his party! All in one day, by myself, while watching both kids! Oh my what was I thinking! But I think it turned out ok!

The finished product! It definitely doesn't look professional...but it also didn't cost as much as a professional one would have! And it tasted pretty yummy too!

Another view of the finished cake!

And I think this little boy loved it! I love his little smile! He loves Mikey Mouse right now so that was a perfect theme for the party!

We had his birthday party in the church fellowship hall this year because I didn't have the time or energy to get Nonnie and Poppy's house cleaned up enough for a party there.

Taylor loves birthday parties and she was just as excited as Liam was.

Blowing out those 2 little candles! He had been practicing blowing at things and he did such a great job!

The Smith's!

We had a great time celebrating Liam's birthday with him both at Dollywood and at his party. We had so many friends and family there at the party to celebrate with us. I love that there are so many people who care about us and who love us. I know that they are there to help us keep these two little children in line and help raise them the way God would want us to. Thank you to all those who were able to come and celebrate Liam with us!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Oh my gosh, you did SUCH a good job on that cake! I'm jealous. I could never make one look that good. :)