Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas at Grandma's House

This year we all decided to do Christmas at Will's mom's house before Christmas. And I must say that it was wonderful to do it before and not feel like it was being forgotten about or left out. In the past we have struggled to find a good time to all be over there, but I personally think this worked out great!
We went over there today, two days before Christmas.
The kids were glad to see their cousins, and I am sad that I forgot to bring my camera!
We had a great meal and then the kids started ripping into their gifts. Present opening there and present opening at my mom and dad's house is completely different! Taylor got a cute coloring pad from one of her cousins and Liam got a monkey that rolls on the floor and laughs from one of his cousins. I don't remember who had their names, but a few years ago we decided that it would be best if the kids just drew names and gave gifts amongst themselves instead of trying to buy for everyone of the kids. It was a great idea since there are 14 grandkids on that side!
Taylor and Liam both got a Leapster 2 from Grandma. They are very excited to use them and play with them. Me and Will got gift cards from Diana and I am very excited to get to use mine! Mine was for JC Penny's and Will's was for Lowes. I know he is very excited about his too!
We love getting together with Will's family and hate that we don't get to see each other more often. We really don't live that far away, but they all go to church together and play sports together, and we go to a different church and our kids aren't old enough for sports yet. So we are just kind of in a different place right now. But we all have kids around the same age, so hopefully here in a few years when they are all in school together we will be seeing each other much much more!

No comments: