Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day 2010

I just love Christmas morning. I always have. There is something so special about waking up to the Christmas tree lights being on and the magic of the morning and I just love it. I feel like a little kid again on Christmas morning.

And this Christmas we woke up to SNOW!!
Me and Will decided that we would wake up a little bit earlier than we thought the kids would wake up because we didn't want them to see what Santa brought them without us being in there. So we woke up about 7 or 7:15 and just sat out in the living room and rested out there the rest of the morning. About 8:00 or 8:30 (I really can't remember) we heard this little man waking up...he was yelling "momma, I wake!"

He was excited and didn't even know why. I love getting him out of his crib in the mornings. He is always in such a great mood.

And then we had to go in and wake this sleeping beauty. She was NOT excited about being woke up at first, but when we reminded her that it was Christmas she got excited!

Santa came!
I love to see those little faces...nothing but pure joy!

Taylor got a big baby doll and a puppy in a bag from Santa. She was so excited about both of them.

Liam got a firetruck and a piggy bank from Santa. He was also very excited about both of those.
After looking at the Santa presents Taylor and Liam opened their presents from each other. Liam got Taylor a new barbie and Taylor got Liam a "shootin' gun" as he calls it!

Then it was time to open presents from Mommy and Daddy. Taylor was so cute keeping her baby with her the whole time.

Liam was especially excited to be ripping open the presents. We take turns opening presents and Liam wasn't liking all the waiting he had to do! But he was so excited about every present he opened.

Then it was stocking time!

Santa knew just what they wanted! They both got flashlights in their stockings along with chocolate, ring pops, pencils, and a pad of paper.
After all the present opening we kinda just relaxed a little bit. I started making deviled eggs for lunch at Will's grandparents house and the kids played with new toys. I think Will spent his morning opening boxes and putting things together. He enjoyed it though! After showers and getting dressed, we were off to Mammaw and Pappaw's house!
We always enjoy going over there and getting to visit with all of Will's extended family. There are lots of little kids running around there and it is always exciting. We ate an amazing lunch and then opened gifts.
We got a picture of these 3 cuties while we were there. Preston, Rhylan, and Taylor were all born within 4 months of each other.
And here were these little cuties 3 years ago! I cannot believe how much they have all changed!
After we left Will's Mammaw and Pappaw's house we made a quick stop at our house to drop off presents and pick up more presents. Then we headed to my Nanny's house to see her for a little bit. Taylor got a new baby doll that sucks a bottle and cries with a handmade dress and Liam got a remote control car. Then it was off to Nonnie and Poppy's house!

At Nonnie and Poppy's house we decided to open presents first this year. The kids did not mind this at all, but some of them were in need of a nap because they were getting cranky! Nonnie and Poppy always spoil the kids so much during Christmas time, and I just let them!

Liam wasn't really interested in opening presents at first. He was more interested in playing with Layla and crying and pouting, but he eventually came around and got to open the rest of his presents!

My beautiful sister with the new scarf we got her!

And Nonnie with her new UT pajama pants! Poppy looks like he wishes he was getting new UT pajama pants!


After opening all the presents at Nonnie and Poppy's we checked out the stockings and then just hung out for a while. Unfortunately, Will started to feel sick during present time and spent the rest of the night upstairs in the bed. It started snowing a little bit again around 9:00 so I loaded up the car, loaded up the kids, and loaded up Will and drove us all home. We were all exhausted when we got home, but it was all worth it!
We had a great Christmas this year and were so thankful and blessed. We have so many people who love us and who we love and have such wonderful families. I love Christmas so much and hope that we are teaching our children the true meaning of Christmas in all that we do. We want them to know how much fun it is to give and the joy that you can get from that. And more than anything, we want them to know that God gave us all the most wonderful gift of Jesus!

1 comment:

Mona said...

I am just loving my UT pants - in fact - I have them on right now!!