The Thursday before Christmas I had decided that we would really start trying to get Liam potty trained. Before, he would use the potty really good if we were at home, but would never tell me when we went anywhere if he needed to go. So we just always kept putting diapers on him and dealing with it. I figured when he was really ready he would let me know. And, he is only 2 1/2...
So on Thursday before Christmas we decided that while I was off for Christmas break that it was time and he could do it! He did great all day Thursday. We even went to Grandma's house on Thursday night for Christmas and he used the potty there a few times. On Friday we went to Knoxville for our annual Christmas Eve celebration with my family. We went to a movie and during the movie Liam told me twice that he needed to pee. I took him to the bathroom both times, but he is afraid of big potties, so he didn't go either time. But he was still dry! We went to eat and he told me he needed to potty so I took him. Again, he wouldn't go on the big potty. By the time we got home that evening at 4:00 or so he was still dry and used the potty at home! I was very impressed, but also concerned that he had held it so long!
On Christmas Day he wore a pull up all day and stayed dry all day long. We took his little potty with us pretty much everywhere we went and he used it during the day.
Last week he spent some days in underwear and some days in pull-ups, but no matter which he was in he stayed dry. He was such a big boy about everything!
As of today, he has not had an accident in over a week. He also has had 4 dry nights in a row! I was really not expecting that because Taylor just now started staying dry at night! So I was super impressed with my little man. I don't think we are quite ready to call him completely potty trained yet, but we are definitely making progress! I think the time is coming soon that we don't have any in diapers! And I am so super excited about that because for over 4 years now we have had at least one in diapers. We have done our part to keep the diaper people in business.
So I am super proud of my big boy. I cannot believe how grown up he seems to me now. But he is still my little cuddle bug and I love him so so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment