Things I learned in Graduate School
(in no particular order)
1. I would much rather do just about anything else in this world than study for a test. I have become quite good at the art of procrastination. I would rather clean the kitchen, wash clothes, clean the kids' rooms, ANYTHING ELSE!!!
2. When I do decide to finally study, I must have numerous snack breaks, facebook breaks, playing on the ipod breaks, napping breaks, and playing with my kids breaks.
3. I am very organized in a disorganized way. If you were to try to find something from my school stuff, you would likely fail, but I know just where everything is!
4. I have to depend on God for every single thing I do in life. I literally cannot do anything on my own.
5. I am able to maintain my composure when I ask someone a question and get the most bizarre, out-there answer in the world.
6. I can hold my breath for a long, long time. To test this for yourself, go into a 4 x 4 room with another person and ask them to remove their shoes and socks so you can examine their feet. You better hope you can hold your breath for a long, long time too.
7. I do not have a lot of friends in this world, but the ones I do have mean more to me than I could ever explain.
8. My kids are the biggest troopers in the world. They have missed out on a lot of Mommy-time in the last 2 years and it breaks my heart just thinking about it. But the whole time they have persevered and hung in there.
9. I quite possibly have the most amazing husband in the world. He has taken up more than his fair share of the slack in the family over the last 2 years. He has washed clothes, washed dishes, bathed kids, wiped bottoms, put kids to bed, put clothes up, gone grocery shopping, cooked supper, and still managed to work more than full-time and kept up with the outside of our house too. Yes, he is simply amazing, and you can't have him because he is mine. I owe him big-time!!!
10. I can write a paper like nobody's business. I may have absolutely no idea what it says or what it means, but by golly I will do it and make a good grade on it!
Ok...so those things were completely random, but I just thought I would share! I am so glad that this is all about to be over! It has been a very rough 2 years, but God has helped me and my family through it and we are about to reap the benefits!
Ok...so those things were completely random, but I just thought I would share! I am so glad that this is all about to be over! It has been a very rough 2 years, but God has helped me and my family through it and we are about to reap the benefits!
1 comment:
I'm glad your schooling is over too, for your sake! It didn't seem like it took you that long, but then again, I wasn't the one writing the papers and studying! I'm also glad I didn't see your "disorganized organization" until school was over or else I would have been in a panic for you. That pile just wouldn't work for me!! You have been amazing at what all you accomplished in 2 years. You looked good with your hood on - we should have gotten pictures of the back of you while at the college - just one of those things you don't think about until later. Glad you got a picture of it. I agree - you do have an amazing husband! He will just expect you to go to work now.
Post a Comment