Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's Not About Me...

So I know that anyone who actually reads this blog knows that ever since I graduated I have been staying at home with the kids since I can't find a job.

Some days, I love staying home with the kids. I will be the first to admit that it is nice to sleep later than usual, stay in my pajamas most of the day, and do the housework that I need to get done at a leisurely pace without feeling rushed all day long.

Other days, I feel like I am lazy...lacking purpose...and I get bored. Those are usually the days that the kids have done nothing but fight and yell and run around like crazies all day long. Those are the days that the dishes never seem to get done and the laundry just seems to keep piling up and the days that I am extremely lonely and have a "poor me" mentality.

I am not one to question God and His plan for my life, but I do often wonder if He got me through graduate school just to see me stay at home with my kids. Is it His will for me to continue to stay home with them? It is definitely not my plan, but for now, until I find a job, I know that it is His plan.

I enjoy reading a really great blog by The Lumberjack's Wife. She is so real in her posts and is very hilarious. I often find myself literally laughing out loud when I read some of the things that happen to her on a daily basis. She is also a Jesus loving Momma who is trying to raise her kids the way God would have her to raise them. She wrote a guest post for another blogger yesterday and she pretty much summed up everything that I am feeling right now about my life. She also reminded me that it is not all about me and my plans for my life.

You can read it here
Wow. What a reminder that we all need. This life is not about us. It is about glorifying God.
Taylor (The Lumberjack's Wife) made a comment that pretty much said it all
Even though I didn’t come up with this plan for my life, He did. I am right where I need to be, accomplishing something fantastic . . . raising my children.

I am blessed because of it.
Now, that being said, I am not going to stop looking for a job! (have no fear Will!). But I am going to choose to be happy at this very moment in my life and know that I am right where I need to be today. When the time is right, I have no doubt that God will open up big doors for me. I know that He has the perfect job out there for me, it just isn't the right time yet.

Does that mean that my days will be perfect and filled with happy kids who don't make messes and fight all day long? No. Not even close I am sure. But hopefully my kids will see a happier me at home with them. A mom who is (at this moment in time) choosing to be home with them. Not a mom who is upset that she isn't going to work every day and HAS to spend the day with her kids.


“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.”
Colossians 3:23

1 comment:

Mona said...

Well said! I had read the Lumberjack's Wife post before you linked it here. I was thinking about you as I read it. She really had a great, inspiring way of looking at her life. I am praying for you to find a job that you will excell in and people will feel your care and concern for them. You are great at what you do - you just need to place to show it. In the meantime, Taylor and Liam will fill your days with lots of action and drama!! LOVE YOU!!