This year for the 4th of July we had talked about going camping since Will was off for the week. But since it has been so hot around here, we decided not to do that and I am so glad we didn't!
We spent the day at Nonnie and Poppy's house. Will went over early to help Poppy with something (I don't remember what) and me and the kids came over about 10 or 11. We had all kinds of good food...barbeque chicken, grilled shrimp, steak kabobs, corn, grilled squash, mashed potatoes, baked beans, pasta salad, and ribs. I think there was also some bread. Wow! We ate good! We stuffed ourselves full and then we gave Poppy his birthday present a few days early.
I think he liked it! We played a few games of cornhole and then realized that it was about to start storming.
Kimberly and her family had to leave to go over to Benji's mom and dad's for his dad's birthday.
The kids were going to go swimming, but a big storm was coming, so we decided to all cuddle up on the couches and watch a movie. Liam and me and Will and Poppy all fell asleep but I think Tim and Amber and Taylor and Nonnie stayed awake.
After a little while the rain stopped and it was finally time to go swimming! The kids had a great time!
After swimming we all got dressed and played a little more cornhole.
Then it was time to go to the fireworks in Kingston. We loaded up the cars and headed over. We decided to park at the credit union this year and walk a little further so that we could get out easier. We have tried parking close before, but then you end up sitting for an hour or longer just trying to get out! We probably should have brought the strollers for the kids to ride in, but they got to be carried or rode on shoulders, so they did ok! We set up in the lawn beside the funeral home and waited for the show to start. The kids enjoyed the fireworks I think. Liam thought they were a little too loud, so he kept his ears covered, but he loved the lights.
After the fireworks we went back to Nonnie and Poppy's to play with some sparklers.
The kids really enjoyed that. We probably stayed for about an hour and then decided it was very late and decided to head home and go to bed! It was a long day but we enjoyed getting to spend time with family.
1 comment:
I like how you cut Liam's face off!! Poor boy :( I'm glad everyone had a great time even though we had to take a time out for some rain! It didn't spoil the day, though!!
Post a Comment