Friday, July 8, 2011

Show Us Your Life - Side Dishes

Today on Kelly's Korner it is Show Us Your Life
Side Dishes

I absolutely love my mom's baked beans. I have always loved them and they always seem to be such a big hit wherever we go. She makes them for almost every cookout we have and always makes them for our church homecoming! And if I can manage to make them without messing up, they have to be super easy!

Baked Beans

1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
2 Tbsp butter
1 package Lipton onion soup mix (or any generic brand onion soup mix)
1/2 cup water
32 ounces pork and beans
1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp mustard
1 Tbsp vinegar

Mix all ingredients together
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour
Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Delicious! I love Baked Beans!

Mona said...

I'm glad you really like them! Some recipes will allow you to substitute and use different things, but NOT this one, speaking from the voice of experience!