Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fun Fun Fun

You will never guess what I got to do Friday night....I actually went out on a date with Will! How exciting I know! We decided to leave the kids with my mom and dad and go out last night to celebrate Will getting a job. We went to O'Charleys (our favorite place to eat probably). We had the best food ever and it was so nice to just sit in a restaurant and get to talk and not have to worry about feeding kids or keeping them entertained. I mean don't get me wrong, I love my babies, but it was so nice to get away. After supper we went to Target to just walk around and get some ideas for Christmas presents for the kids. Then we headed back to Nonnie and Poppy's house. They said that Taylor and Liam were pretty good for them. I was glad. I am always afraid my kids are going to act up when I leave them with someone. Taylor spent the night with Nonnie and Poppy. They said she didn't go to sleep very well but once she was asleep she was fine.



We got up Saturday morning and met my mom and dad down at Lowe's because they are going to remodel their bathroom. My dad and Will are going to try to do this on their own...we will see what it looks like in the end. I think they will do ok as long as they do a lot of planning! After Lowes me, my mom, Taylor and Liam took off to Knoxville. Our first stop was Toys R Us. I do not advise taking two kids to Toys R Us. Taylor went crazy in there. In the baby doll aisle she was just in awe for a second. Then she started pulling all the babies down off the shelf and looking at them and trying to get them out of the boxes. Then we went over to the tricycle aisle where the power wheel cars are too. She had so much fun playing with all those cars. She kept saying that she wanted her baby and when I would try to hand her the baby doll we brought in she would cry and say "No...new!" Meaning she wanted nothing to do with the old dirty doll. She wanted the new doll that was in the buggy. It was really funny. Like her baby doll just wasn't good enough anymore. It was so crowded in that store and I was over it by the time we left. I always enjoy seeing what kind of toys Taylor goes to when she has a ton of choices though. It helps me know what she really likes. We had a few other things that we had to do in Knoxville and then we headed home. Taylor didn't last long in the car before she fell asleep. We met Will and Poppy and Kimberly at Los Primos for supper. Both Liam and Taylor did pretty good considering they were out and about all day. I don't know how many more times I will try to take them to Knoxville shopping though.

Today we had an early start. It was the youth pancake breakfast before Sunday School. Then sunday school and church. After church we went to Kimberly's house and ate pork chops that were very yummy! Then everybody got settled down for naps. I had to be at church at 4:30 for choir practice. Then it was preschool choir at 6 and church at 7. Now we are settled in and ready for bed. It has been a busy weekend!

I just thought you all would enjoy hearing about our weekend. It was so nice to go out Friday just me and Will. I think it is really important for us to not always just be mommy and daddy. I just feel so guilty leaving the kids so we can go out. I am getting better about it though. I think it will be a little easier to leave them when they are a little older. I am glad that Taylor got to spend the night with her Nonnie and Poppy. She loves them so much!

1 comment:

The Raymonds said...

Thanks for the info. I was going to call your sister to ask, so you saved me some time...and with twins running around, any time saved is worth its weight in gold!