Monday, February 2, 2009

He Sleeps!

Ok... I know in the previous post I put a picture of Liam and Taylor asleep in our bed. We knew that them ending up in our bed in the morning had to stop... but we needed sleep too! So every night they would go to sleep and sometime in the middle of the night Liam would wake up crying and I would run to get him before he woke Taylor up. I would just put him in bed with me and feed him until he went back to sleep and we just stayed like that the rest of the night. He basically just thought it was an all night buffet or something. The doctor kept telling me I needed to stop feeding him in the middle of the night but whenever I tried not too he would scream and get so worked up that feeding him was the only way he would go back to sleep. So anyways.... last Wednesday night Liam once again woke up and I put him in the bed with me. In the mean time, Taylor woke up and was throwing up. So Will ran to get her and I ran to help him get her cleaned up. That left Liam laying in our bed by himself and since we have already had one mishap of Liam falling out of our bed when I wasn't in there with him, Will decided to put him back in his crib. Will told me this was the perfect opportunity to let him cry himself back to sleep since Taylor wasn't in there asleep. I agreed and after about 5 minutes he went back to sleep. The next night, he made a few little crying noises but I didn't go get him and he just went back to sleep. The next night, the same. And then Saturday night he didn't even wake up one time! He didn't wake up until 8:00 in the morning! I was so excited. So for the past 4 nights Liam has slept through the night! It is amazing how much better I feel in the mornings when I don't have to share my bed with a hungry little boy! Every now and then Taylor still wakes up early in the morning and gets in the bed with us, but it is getting to be less and less. I am so excited that he is sleeping... and it only took 8 months! (I used to tell him all the time that there were 3 month old babies who could sleep through the night!... he wasn't buying it!)
Waking up after a good night sleep!

He is just adorable!


No comments: