Monday, February 16, 2009

What a Week!

It has been quite the week at our house. Monday morning Liam woke up at like 4:00 and would not go back to sleep! He tossed and turned and fussed. He finally fell back asleep on me at about 7:00. But it was a very fussy sleep. By 8:15 I was calling the doctor's office getting an appointment. I told them I thought he had an ear infection. So I got ready real quick, woke Taylor up and threw some clothes on her and headed out the door. Liam just went in his pajamas. We were out the door at 9:00 and at the doctor's office by 9:45. It didn't take us long to be seen and sure enough Liam has a double ear infection. The doctor wrote us a prescription for antibiotics and we headed to Walgreens to get it filled. The kids took good naps that afternoon and all seemed to be ok.

On Tuesday Liam started acting like he was feeling a little better. He was still a little fussy, but his gums are also very swollen so I think he is fixing to get his first tooth. Julia and Dakoda came over to play that afternoon and we had a really good time. After they left Taylor took a nap and I was able to even take a quick cat nap before Liam woke up! When Taylor woke up from her nap she was crying and said "Mommy...my ear hurts!" I thought, you have got to be kidding me! I tried to just cuddle her and see if she had maybe just slept on her ear wrong or something. But she just kept crying and holding her right ear. So.....once again I called the doctor's office and made an appointment. They asked me if I could be there at 6:30. So out the door we ran. I picked Will up since he was on his way home. And we were at the doctor's office by 6:15. They got us back to the room and Taylor flipped out. She does not like being poked and prodded at! The doctor looked in her ears and said that yes...she had a pretty bad ear infection in her right ear. So she wrote a prescription for antibiotics and off to Walgreens we went again. I thought...didn't I just do this yesterday?

But anyways...I think the kids are finally getting better. Liam got a yeast infection the end of last week but it seems to be getting better now. Taylor also acts like she feels better. But neither one of them is sleeping good right now. They have both ended up back in our bed during the middle of the night. But oh well...we will work on that again when they are all better. :) During these doctor visits we found out that Liam now weighs 19 lbs 4 oz and Taylor now weighs 28.2 lbs. I think Liam is going to catch Taylor soon!

No comments: