Saturday, July 11, 2009

4th of July

Liam wanted to play Hillbilly golf too!

My precious babies...the cheetos were the only thing that kept them calm waiting on the fireworks!
This is us waiting for the fireworks to start...and this was the best picture there was!

All the kids at our 4th of July Party

Will playing the Baggo game

She loves the water!

Me and Liam

Poppy, Taylor, and Tim waiting on supper to be ready

Will helping Taylor with a Roman Candle (this was against my better judgement to let her do this!)

Taylor enjoying her sparkler


This year we had a great 4th of July weekend! We started out on Friday by going to Diana's house and eating lunch with her, Melanie, and Rhylan. Taylor and Liam enjoyed getting to play at Grandma's house with Rhylan and I enjoyed getting to talk with Mel and Diana. Will took like a 2-3 hour nap while we were there...so he was well rested when we left! (I must say though that he did get up at 5:45 on his day off to go fishing with Benji...so he was tired!) After we left there we went to Kroger to get last minute things for the weekend (I was making dirt cake and cole slaw). Krogers was a MAD-HOUSE! There were people everywhere. I was glad I only had a few things to get and then get out of there! When we got back home my family from Georgia was there and already in the pool! Taylor of course had to get in and play with her cousin Alyson (who is about 3 weeks older than she is). We ate pizza that night and just enjoyed getting to see each other!


The next morning the kids slept really late and it was so nice. Will got up a little earlier than usual on his day off and helped my mom and Angela make a really good breakfast. I spent the rest of the day cooking and helping keep the kitchen cleaned up...it seemed like everytime it got clean someone else needed to make something and dirtied it up again! The kids took good naps and were in a good mood for the food when it was time to eat! We had A LOT of people over for supper and it was so nice! I think our grand total was 27 people (16 adults and 11 kids!). We had some great hamburgers and hotdogs, baked beans (even though they had unexpected veggies in them...Momma!), cole slaw, and chips. Then for dessert we had dirt cake, a strawberry/blueberry/jello dessert, birthday cake, and homemade ice cream made by Lila! We were very stuffed by the time it was all over! In between supper and dessert we went out front and played games while the kids rode around on bikes and cars. And I must just take a moment and say that I beat Tim at Hillbilly golf! And it was the first time I had ever played. Me and Amber didn't have as much luck with the Baggo game, but we still put up a good fight!


After dessert we all loaded up the cars and headed to Kingston for the fireworks. After much debate over where the fireworks were going to be shot off from and us thinking that Tim was crazy...we realized that we were in the PERFECT spot for watching them! It literally felt like they were on top of us at times. Taylor and Liam both loved the fireworks and just sat and stared at them. After we made it back home Will let Taylor do some sparklers and she had the best time. Logan put on a great "show" for us with all his fireworks. But I think Will and Benji were having the most fun with the bottle rockets!


It was such a great day of being with family and friends. I am so thankful to be an American and have the freedoms we enjoy. I am thankful for the men and women who fight to protect our freedoms. May God Bless America!

No comments: