Ok...so in all my 25 years I have managed to never learn to sew anything! I don't even know how to sew a button back on a shirt when it pops off...much less do anything with an actual sewing machine! I never took Home Ec in high school because I was too busy taking things like Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP English and the likes...I know...I was a nerd! But anyways...I have a mom and a mother-in-law who are very wonderful at sewing and I figured it was time I learn how!
I have a few friends and family who are fixing to have babies so I am trying my hand at sewing them some cute and very useful things. The first thing I have done was make an ordinary white cloth diaper into a very cute burp cloth! It isn't perfect by any means but I think it is pretty cute! What do you think?
My next project that I have already started on is a nursing cover for my sister-in-law. When I was pregnant with Liam I found a website that sold these "hooter hiders" for like 35-40 dollars. I was unwilling to pay that much for a nursing cover so me and my mom found a website that gave step by step instructions on how to make one. My mom did all the sewing for my covers and they turned out so cute. I used that thing to nurse Liam everywhere! It is an amazing little thing and keeps you very covered while nursing your little one. And I paid less than 10 dollars for mine! But anyways...I am attempting to make a cover by myself this time (with a little help from my mom!). I haven't finished it yet and she just left for Las Vegas so I will have to wait until she gets back to finish it, but it is looking quite cute if I do say so myself! I will definitely post pictures when I am done with it and you will have to give me your opinion of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment