Friday, August 21, 2009

Lilapalooza 2009

After Ladies' Night on Friday night my family headed over to Lila's house for her birthday party with her family. I have always felt like a part of Lila's family, so I am so glad they included us in their festivities. This year they were having a "Lilapalooza" in honor of her 82nd birthday. We all camped out in her backyard on Friday night. Taylor was really looking forward to sleeping outside in a tent. And I think Liam could have cared less! After some time of talking and eating a few smores we all headed to the tents and the kids actually slept all night out there. They went to bed late and got up earlier than usual, but I don't think they minded too much.

I woke up to this sight. Isn't he precious! The rest of the morning was spent hanging out and playing games. The men played horseshoes and the kids played with bicycles and tricycles and balls and bats. They all enventually walked over to Roger and Amy's house to go swimming. We also tye-dyed some shirts that had a Lilapalooza logo on them. They turned out really cute.
Here is Will tye-dying his shirt.

You can't tell a whole lot from this picture...but Liam busted his lip during the morning. He was riding on a tricycle and being pushed by Taylor. Liam tried to get off the tricycle and flipped off over the handlebars. When they gave him to me he had blood pouring from his mouth and didn't know if he had just busted his lip or if he had knocked a tooth loose or what. Upon closer look I think I have decided he busted his lip and tore his frenulum. He is such a little boy! And then on top of the busted lip he had bug bites all over his face so he looked like he had been through a war!


Here is Lila with her birthday cakes. They were so yummy! Taylor and Liam really enjoyed them. Taylor kept sticking her finger in the icing while we were singing to Lila.

Here is Lila opening up her Vera Bradley bag from Me, Momma, and Kimberly. She really liked it. I told her I was going to steal it back from her because I really like that new fabric!

And here is Lila's great-neice Charlee. She is the fattest and cutest little girl I have ever seen. She is 6 months old! She was such a joy to be around though.
We really had a great time with Lila and her family. Lila has been like a grandmother to me since I was born. I used to go over to her house on Sunday afternoons and play with her. And she used to make me and Tim dig up potatoes in her garden with a fork! Will thought I was joking when I first told him about that. But she said she needed something for us to do so we would get out of her hair sometimes! We have always enjoyed going over to Lila's and hanging out. She can play a mean game of dominoes! I hope to be able to celebrate many more birthdays with her!

1 comment:

Mona said...

We really had a great time and I loved getting to camp out. I can't wait until Labor Day weekend when we get to do it again! I was glad we got to spend Lila's birthday with her and her family.