Last Thursday night was the Alcoa/Maryville football game and Will got invited to go by one of his co-workers. So he was all excited to get to go to the game.

Meanwhile...I stayed home with these two! Neither one of them had taken naps that day and I was exhausted from keeping up with them. So to break up the evening I decided to let them help me make supper. We made pancakes and eggs and they had so much fun mixing the stuff up. Taylor helped with the pancakes and Liam helped with the eggs. They gobbled up their supper and then it was...

Bathtime!!! Ever since Liam was about 6 months they have taken a bath together. It just makes life a little easier. Sometimes they play so well together...other times they fight and throw water and cry. But tonight was a special bath night because I put one of those color changing tablets in the water and they had BLUE water! They thought it was the best thing in the world! I got them for free with a coupon one day and had been saving them to use for special occasions. So now I will have to remember that I have them!
Anyways...they had a bath and got in their pajamas by 8 o'clock! That NEVER happens around here because it always seems like we are out late or working outside or something so they get in bed really late usually. But since they hadn't had a nap and I was having to put them to bed by myself I was doing it early! We all sat on the couch and cuddled and watched the Alcoa/Maryville game on TV. They were both asleep and in their beds by 8:30! I was in Heaven! I spent the rest of the evening catching up on Y&R and enjoying the peace and quiet! I think Will finally got home around 11:45. He was really tired and had to get up and go to work the next morning, but I think he had a great time!
The next day the kids went to daycare for the day and I had to drive to Jefferson City to buy my school books. Spending almost $500 on books is not my idea of a great day, but it had to be done! I had not missed that long drive up there in the past month either! Going up there made me dread Tuesday even more!
That night it was time for the Harriman/Kingston game and we thought we would head over there to see if Harriman could pull it off this year.

My two precious babies cheering on the Big Blue!

Taylor looked so cute in her blue and white striped shirt and white skirt. She loved watching the cheerleaders and even tried to dance and cheer along with them!

The next day was the Block Party at our church. Liam was a BIG BIG fan of the snow cone machine and since his wonderful Aunt Kimberly was making the snow cones he got an unlimited supply of the blue syrup! He wasn't a big fan of the actual ice, he just wanted the juice! And I think throughout the day he probably drank a whole gallon of the stuff!

Our favorite friend Mik-Mik was painting faces so Taylor had to be in on that! I am not sure why Taylor wanted a whale on her face...but that is what she wanted so that is what she got! Look how soaking wet she is...it is all sweat! She had been playing in the bounce house and going down the bouncy slide all morning. She had a blast!

And of course her hands needed to be painted too!

Here is Liam with Mik-Mik and Kevin (or "Dumb" as he calls him! Long story but that is what it sounds like when Liam says Kevin!). I believe Mik-Mik was giving my baby snow cone juice too!

And Liam had his face painted too. He wanted a blue baseball!
After the block party my mom and Kimberly took Taylor on a little road trip to Georgia with them to meet my Aunt Phyllis. The idea was that Taylor would sleep the whole way down there since she had been playing all day and should be tired. But I heard that Mason and Abigail slept some but Taylor did not sleep any! Not on the way down there and not on the way back!
Me and Will spent the evening enjoying Liam. He didn't take a nap that day so we were going to get him in bed early again. He played outside a little bit with Will while I tried to get some reading done for school. And Will watched some crazy movie about a nuclear plant that he thought was great. I could have went my whole life and never watched that movie and I would not have been sad. Oh well!

Sunday me and Will had nursery during church and these three little darlings were in there with us. (Ansley Moore was also in there but she didn't show up until after I took this picture!) Miki dropped off donuts for the girls and they were all BIG fans of the chocolate donuts! They are all so so cute and I think Liam will have a hard time choosing which one he will marry one day! Well, we better cross Sarah Kate off the list because she is related!

But she is oh so cute! Here she is telling me to put the camera down and get her another donut!

This is just a random picture of Will being crazy with the kids. They could spend hours in the floor crawling all over him and letting him be a horsey and doing crazy things like this!

And an update on the potty training...Liam is doing ok with pottying. But he is just not the biggest fan yet. If he is naked running around the house, he does perfect and never has an accident. But as soon as we try to put underwear on him he usually pees or poops in them. That just tells me that he isn't quite ready yet. But no worries. The diapers we save on the days that he does decide he wants to use the potty are great! It is a process and I am not rushing him. His daycare keeps wanting me to send pull-ups for him to use there so they can help with potty training, but I am just not a fan of pull-ups. He will get it when he is ready!

Until then we will just keep working on it!
1 comment:
I can see Taylor's tan lines in the blue bath water! That is SO not fair!!
Post a Comment