Tuesday, August 31, 2010

First Day of School and Tumbling Class

Well today was my first day back to school. I was not at all happy to be going back! I had the most wonderful month being home with Taylor and Liam and realized that we would not have anymore time like that for a while! School consumes so much of my time and energy and it is hard to find time to just be lazy and enjoy life when I am in school. Will reminded me that this was my last first day back for a fall semester and that helped a little bit!
I am excited to be getting closer to being done and I know starting back is all a part of that! But anyways...I had a busy day full of looking over the syllubus for both classes and fretting over how much work there is to be done. But I must remember to take it one week at a time and just get done what I have to get done. Nobody is asking me to be perfect, but it is hard to not try to be! I have always pushed myself harder than I should at school, but I guess that is part of what has made successful at the things I have done.
There are a lot of papers that will be written this semester and a lot of SOAP notes that will be turned in. There will be countless hours spent in front of a computer looking up research articles and writing literature reviews. And it makes me tired just thinking about it. But I am doing all this for my family and to make sure that we don't have to worry about things in the future. And I am also doing it because I love caring for others.
Pray for me this semester as I try to find a balance between being a student, being a Mommy, being a wife, being a daughter, being a sister, being a preschool choir teacher, being an Acteens leader, and keeping my house clean! It is a daunting task ahead of me, but I have done it before and I can do it again! I just pray that May 13, 2011 comes quickly!
After I spent a full 8 hours at school I rushed home because I was so excited for what was that night...
Taylor's first tumbling class!

She was so excited about starting tumbling and I was excited for her. She jumped right in there when class started and tried every single thing everyone else was doing. There was nothing she didn't try!

Here she is stretching with the other girls.

And here she is walking backwards on the little balance beam. She said her favorite thing was trying to do cartwheels.
She is excited for her next class. I hope this gives her something fun to do that is all her own.



5 comments:

Mona said...

Taylor really looks like she is enjoing the balance beam!

Katie said...

I love the "taylor" T-shirt! Where did you find it?

The Smith's said...

Thank you! I got her shirt at www.ifyousaysew.com. They were so cute and not nearly as expensive as some of the custom shirts!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy. I am so excited for Taylor. Where is she going to class. I want get Alyssa into a class like that as soon as she gets old enough and I didnt know about a place around here that did gymnastics.

Anonymous said...

oops! MCAB413 is Maletha...Sorry!