Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Time for a Change!

Ok
It is time for a change around here!
Me and Will have determined that we are not the most fit people around...and we would like to change that.
Well, really, I am just tired of my clothes not fitting anymore!
I hesitate to share this with you...but to make myself accountable...I almost weigh as much now as I did when I was 9 months pregnant with Taylor...oh the shame...
And Will has definitely seen better days too...although I still think he looks pretty good!
Just an example of how bad things have gotten around here...

Yeah, that is me...standing beside my Daddy...in the brown shirt...looking like I am about 6 months pregnant.
I am not six months pregnant. I mean seriously...was I trying to pooch my belly out? Did Momma forget to tell me she was taking the picture...because I am not assuming the "suck your belly in" position. Why can't I look like my "I barely weigh 100 lbs" brother. Not fair...Not fair at all!

My problem could be the fact that I had two children in 18 months...yes...that is what I will blame it on! Baby weight! Not on the fact that we eat out too much and I don't find much time to exercise.

Oh...and I am going to blame it on the stress of graduate school. I am really not sure what I was thinking starting a nurse practitioner program with a two year old and a one year old. Now they are 2 and 3 and I really don't know what I am thinking! (just 2 semesters left, just 2 semesters left) But it has been pretty stressful!

But things around here are going to change!

We have started the "30 Day Shred" by Jillian Michaels.
We have only done it one day...and I already can't move.
My legs hurt so so much! And I think Will is pretty sore too. But we are going to try to keep each other accountable and eat better and find time to exercise with Jillian.
Hopefully we will have a good update soon!
And hopefully I will be able to move again soon!



3 comments:

Mona said...

The hardest part is the first day! Keep on making the effort and it will pay off eventually.

Julia said...

Good luck with 30 Day Shred! I tried to start doing it last summer before our Disney World trip and got about halfway through and just quit. It kicked my butt every single time! I really should start it up again. Lord know I could use the exercise! lol

Taylor said...

I did 30 day shred for 30 days straight (almost-I think I missed 2) and I did notice a difference!

I am starting my walking dvds now because the shred is hard with my kids around-the walking dvds-my kids join in. :)