Monday, August 23, 2010

Our week and weekend


We have had a pretty good week and weekend around here lately. A few little hiccups along the way...but overall a great time! Last Monday when Will got home from work at about 4pm he saw a note on the door saying that our water meter was spinning and we must have a water leak. The note was left at 8am so that tells you just how much I got out of the house that day


NONE!


So anyways...he calls my dad, drives to Lowes, comes back home, and then him and my dad proceed to dig up part of my front yard...oh the horror!

I was not a fan of the digging up of the yard...but realized it had to be done! So after some standing around and staring at the hole for a while, they made a trip back to Lowe's and tried to fix the problem. It was then determined that the problem was HUB's and they needed to come fix it.

So Will decided to stay home on Tuesday and take care of all that. He called HUB Tuesday morning and they said they would "try" to get someone out there later in the day to fix it, but she didn't know when. One of those "they will be there sometime between 8am and 5pm...make sure you are home!" I had to go to Jon Loden's that morning to drop off the van and get it fixed from where we were rear-ended. We got a rental van and I am not convinced that I like it too much! So anyways...we spent the day continuing to clean out the garage and organize. I wish I had a picture for you of the major organization going on in my garage. There are totes that are stacked neatly and they are labeled and organized and it is just wonderful!

I am in organization Heaven!

I will try to post a picture soon! We have almost unpacked every single moving box that we have ever had packed (including ones from the first move we ever made 5 years ago!). We have thrown away a lot of stuff and it makes me feel so much better.

Let's have a moment of silence for the fact that I threw out EVERY SINGLE ONE of my notebooks from Nursing school. I mean every care plan, every medication sheet, every SOAP note. All that stuff that took me hours upon hours to do. I threw it all out! I figured if I hadn't looked at any of them in the past 4 years I was probably not going to ever need to look at them. Will even threw out most of his old notebooks. This process alone got rid of like 5 or 6 boxes.

And we have a good pile of yard sale stuff and stuff that I want to put in the next Duck Duck Goose sale. We are slowly but surely getting the garage organized and I have hope that one day we will actually get to park in there! I don't mind that we are taking our time though...we are just making sure that we are going through everything and getting rid of the junk in our lives!

Anyways...back to the apparent water leak that we had...HUB never showed up on Tuesday (is anyone surprised?) but luckily we have a wonderful neighbor who happens to work for another utility district and he had a spare gasket (whatever that is!) at his house and he came over and fixed the leak in like 5 minutes. So now when this months bill comes I get to go down to HUB and argue with the ladies in the front about how we are not going to pay for the extra water that was leaking out because it was not our problem! Should be fun!

Wednesday me and the kids just hung around the house and we watched my neice Rhylan. Taylor and Liam love having people over so they played with her all day. She got there at about 7:30 that morning and she kept asking me when my kids were going to wake up. Ha! I guess they sleep too late for her liking! I finally woke Taylor up at 9 so that Rhylan would have someone to play with. Me and Jessica Armes were having a Back to School party for our Acteens that night so I had to go to the store and get all the goodies. Then we all went to church and then came back home and got settled in for bed.

Thursday when Will got home he worked outside some more on the brush that he is trying to clean up in our back yard. Then we ate supper (salmon patties, yum!) and worked out in the garage a little more. That night Liam was feeling a little warm and had a temperature of like 101 I think. I gave him some ibuprofen and he cuddled on my lap and fell asleep.

The next morning was supposed to be a daycare day for the kids and a get a lot of stuff done around the house day for me. But Liam still had a temperature when he woke up so we took Taylor to daycare and Liam stayed with me. We went to the store to get stuff for me to make a dirtcake for that night and then we came back home. He pretty much just cuddled with me all morning and I can't say that I minded that too much!

That afternoon he was much better and didn't have a fever anymore. Probably just some crazy virus or something. Will brought Taylor home and I went to go pick Skylar up to babysit the kids. Me and Will were going over to Tim and Amber's to play games and eat. Tim said no kids were allowed!

We had a lot of fun eating and playing games and talking. We don't get nights like that very often so it is great when it happens!

The next morning we met a group from the church to go to Kentucky Splash waterpark.


I was overall a great trip but it did rain a little bit. I think we had to stay under a shed for about an hour. The kids didn't seem to mind too much!

Taylor loves waterparks (especially Splash Country) and she is content to just splash and play all day long. She enjoyed the wave pool and the lazy river the most.

And this little boy loves the water too! He had fun splashing around and he even rode on my lap in the lazy river and fell asleep for a nap. He slept for about 30 minutes or so as we just floated around. I really enjoyed that!

Honestly I wasn't that impressed with Kentucky Splash. We really enjoy Splash Country and all the slides they have. This park only had 5 slides and Taylor couldn't ride any of them because she isn't tall enough. It was much much cheaper and not nearly as crowded...it was just a little far away to drive to not have that much stuff to do. I think we will stick with Splash Country!


Sunday morning we all woke up and were running late for Sunday School (as usual!) and when we all got outside the little box thing would not open the rental car. I think the batteries were dead on it or something. So we were all ready for church and could not go anywhere! Will called Enterprise and they helped us find the key that was secretly hidden in the keyless remote. I am not a fan of this rental van! So anyways...we made it to Sunday School a little late but we made it none the less! And then we had church. We came home that afternoon and hung some pictures up on the walls. I enjoy having pictures on the wall to look at! Then it was back to church for preschool choir. Then we had a little mini concert at church with Kenny Evans. He is an amazing singer and does a great job preaching too. Then we got to go to Cracker Barrel after church (which rarely happens!) and I was so excited! We didn't get home until 10, but it was so worth it!
So anyways...sorry that was so long but I just wanted to recap our week and weekend. God is so good to us and sometimes we are so busy we forget to thank Him for all He does for us.
On the way back home last night Taylor told me and Will that she wanted to talk to God. We told her that was perfectly fine and to go ahead! She said the sweetest things. She thanked God for giving her the best family ever. It was so sweet listening to her little innocent voice speak to God. We are by no means the best parents in the world, but I hope we are teaching her right from wrong and teaching her how much God loves her. And there is nothing quite as sweet as listening to your own child talk to God. I cannot believe how grown up Taylor is getting. It makes me a little sad, but it also makes me very proud to call her my daughter!





1 comment:

Mona said...

I like all the organization you are getting accomplished - doesn't it feel good?? Come on down when you get finished!!