Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dollywood with Friends

In the month of September if you had a season pass you could get a friend into Dollywood for free! We were pretty busy the whole month of September, but we finally found a free day (that just happened to be a Sunday, but don't worry, we asked for forgiveness!).

Poppy and Will enjoying the carousel!
We decided to take our good friends Casey and Bryson Burum and their daughter Whitley with us. Bryson had never been to Dollywood before and had never ridden a roller coaster! We decided it was time for him to try one out!
My mom brought my dad along with her (he doesn't have a pass) and Benji, his mom Judy, and the kids came along too.
We decided Bryson needed to ride Thunderhead (I think that is what it is called) the wooden roller coaster. He rode it, but said it was super fast. It does kind of take your stomach away in a few places! But we were all proud of him for riding it!

Here is Casey and Whitley riding in the cars. Whitley had a great time!

I am so glad that they got to go with us!

It rained and sprinkled the whole day, but we didn't mind and that meant that it wasn't too crowded! My kids rode the pigs, ducks, and bees like 6 or 7 times I think!


They both even got to ride the Scrambler that day. Liam rode with me and Taylor rode with Will. I think Taylor had rode before, but Liam was just finally tall enough! Yeah! When it started going really fast he looked up and said, "This is so fun!" It was so cute!
We love Dollywood and are planning to go again during my Fall Break. I don't think I have ever been up there during their Gospel and Harvest Festival and I am really looking forward to seeing all the fall decorations. I just love fall!


1 comment:

Mona said...

I am looking forward to going also - I hope I am still invited to go with you!