Ok, I know it has been a while since I have blogged about what is going on in our lives. So I thought I would do a big update on what we were up to in August!
Taylor is starting to enjoy school a little more each day. She doesn't like to get up early (a girl after my own heart) and she doesn't like to go to bed early. She thinks that me and Liam come home after dropping her off at school and get to go back to sleep. Oh I wish little girl. I have explained to her that once we get up in the mornings that we stay up just like she does. She still doesn't think it is fair that we get to come back home though. I think once I get a job and we all have somewhere to go during the day that it will make it easier for her.
Will worked a lot during the first 2 weeks of August. He worked 12 + hours a day for 8 days straight. Then he worked his normal 10 hours a day for the next 3 days. Then he finally got a day off! To celebrate both of us making it through all that overtime Will took me out on Friday! He set it all up and arranged a babysitter and everything. Katie came by at 5:00 and we headed up to Knoxville. We ate at Wasabi (we got there just in time for the early bird special and we were so excited...we are lame I know) and then we went to Gander Mountain to walk around for a little bit before the movie started. Will was needing a new lunchbox and he ended up finding one that he liked. Then we headed to Dollar Tree and Will was in dollar heaven. He says he had no idea that a store existed where everything is only a dollar. I laughed at him a lot during that visit. After leaving there we headed to the movies. We watched The Change Up. It was funny, but it had so much bad language in it. I wish they could make funny movies without so much language. We enjoyed the night out and the kids had fun with Katie. We got home right at 11pm. Taylor was asleep but Liam was still going strong.
On Saturday August 13 we had a busy but fun day. We started the day off by heading to Sevierville to the outlet stores!
Oh. be. still. my. heart.
Will hates shopping with a passion. He hates big crowds and traffic. But he agreed to go up early to the outlet stores and look around for some stuff. I can't remember what exactly we were looking for, but I remember that we weren't as successful as we wished we would have been. It was very crowded up there.
Funny thing happened on our way up there. Taylor was coloring with her purple marker and decided that she would color her eyelids, lips, legs, and booster seat with purple marker.
She was upset that she got caught. I had to not look at her for a minute or two because I couldn't quit laughing long enough to tell her that we don't do that.
After leaving the outlet stores we went to Bass Pro Shops to walk around. The kids loved looking at the boats and the 4-wheelers. They also had fun looking at all the animals on the walls.
Then we headed to the Smokies game to meet the rest of the family. Momma's work was having a get-together at the game so the family was all invited to go. We ate hamburger and hotdogs before the game. Then the kids got their face painted and got a balloon animal before we went to our seats and sat down. The kids had a good time I think and it wasn't too hot that evening. The kids fell asleep on the way home thankfully!
The next Friday, August 19, was our church's Ladies Night. Will kept the kids at home and I had fun talking with friends and listening to the singer and speaker. Dr. Tedder was the speaker and she had a great message.
The next day, August 20, we went to the Chattanooga Aquarium with a group of kids from the church. The kids had so much fun. I think they enjoyed the penguins the most. But when we saw one of the big fish tanks for the first time and Liam saw one of the big turtles he screamed "look at that big o turtle! Wow!" He was so excited.
I was really glad they got the chance to go to the Aquarium. They really enjoyed it!
After another week of work and school and cleaning house we were back to another Saturday. Saturday, August 27, was our annual church Block Party. The kids had a great time bouncing in the bounce houses and eating nachos and hot dogs and sno cones. They got their face painted and Taylor got her nails painted. They had a great time with their friends.
Later that night (and after some naps at home) we went to Nonnie and Poppy's for Abigail's 7th birthday party. It was a luau! The kids had a lot of fun swimming and eating and playing with friends. I had a good time socializing and I think Will played some cornhole in the front yard with some of the other guys.
On Monday, August 29, me and Liam went to spend the day with Lila after we dropped Taylor off at school. We ate waffles and played and took Lila to the grocery store and then helped her shuck some corn. We ate a wonderful lunch with her and talked and played a little more. We had a great day with her and then went and picked Taylor back up at school.
The next night I went out with a group of ladies from church to Chick-fil-A and the Melting Pot. It was for Lila's birthday. She had never been to anywhere like the Melting Pot and I think she had a great time. And of course I enjoyed being out of the house for a few hours and getting to talk with friends.
This past weekend we were busy, but also had some time to relax. Our fridge had been having some problems with leaking/freezing water...some sort of problem like that. So we needed to defrost it. Luckily, we have an extra fridge/freezer in the garage so we moved everything out there and also cleaned out our deep freezer. We found stuff in there we didn't even know we had! It was like Christmas! We also got some more okra cut up and froze and I got a chance to go look for some clothes by myself. Will made Liam a fleece tie blanket (we have had the fleece sitting around for 3+ years and had never done anything with it, so Will decided it was time to make the blanket!). He did a great job!
We had a yard sale on Saturday morning, Taylor got some shots Saturday afternoon, and we were lazy the rest of the day.
On Labor day it was rainy outside (finally!) and I got a lot of stuff done around the house and then we went over to Nonnie and Poppy's for hamburgers and Monopoly. Tim and Amber came over too and it was a lot of fun.
Whew...what a month. Now we are getting ready for our big vacation. Not to give away where we are going, but it is the Happiest Place On Earth!
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a fun month and that I was able to share in some of it with you! You really did have a lot going on. I'm sure Taylor wonders what you do after you go back home. Get ready for September because it will be busy also AND lots of FUN!!
Post a Comment