Day 6
Today was the official end of our vacation.
We decided to sleep in since all of our other days were filled with early mornings and lots of running around. I think the kids slept until around 9. It was wonderful! We all needed showers and we still had to pack up the room and the car.
We tried to get the kids to eat either the leftover pizza from the night before, or the grapes, or the pudding...but they were not interested in eating. So me and Will ate the leftover pizza!
It was a lot more difficult to get the car packed up this time than it was at the start of the trip because it involved many trips to the car with bags and suitcases and no suitcase cart. They make you "check them out" from the front desk. I mean, do they really have a problem with people stealing the luggage carts that they can't even leave them sitting around? They have to lock them up at the front desk? Crazy. So we Will carried all the stuff to the van and got everything loaded back up. Then we got the kids loaded up and got on the road. We left right on time at 11am. Much later than on our way down there!
We got on the road and after about an hour we decided we better stop and eat lunch. So we stopped at a McDonalds in Gainsville. TN and FL were playing that weekend and me and Will wanted to yell things at people, but decided we better not! So we ate some lunch and then let the kids play on the playground for a little bit to get some energy out.
Funny story...Taylor went up into the play set and after about 2 or 3 minutes I heard her start crying. I mean she was screaming and yelling. I kept asking her what was wrong (I thought maybe she got stung by a bee or there was some other animal up there scaring her). Finally she yelled back down that she didn't know where she was and she couldn't figure out how to get out! Oh my... So you know what that means. Yep...I had to go in after her. So I climbed up in the playset and twisted around all those little tunnels until I finally found her. Then we slid down the slide together. Then she refused to go back up in there. And Liam was not about to go up in there after that! So we decided to get back on the road.
The kids did ok on the trip back, but it was definitely not as good as the trip down there. They were much more whiney and irritated on the trip back. We got stuck in some traffic at one point and that was frustrating. We ate supper on the north side of Atlanta at Krystal. Word to the wise...don't eat Krystal on the road at 7pm. Not a good idea!
We finally made it back home at around 11:30pm and the kids had a hard time winding down enough to get to sleep. Thankfully, no one was going to work or school the next day!
We had a wonderful vacation. Other than our short beach vacation in May, that was the only vacation we had been on as a family. We enjoyed getting to spend so much time together and have the time of our lives. The kids really did great and I am glad that we waited until they were a little older to take them to Disney. They still may not be old enough to remember this first trip, but me and Will will certainly remember it forever. It was amazing! It will probably be a while before we make it back to Disney, but I know the next time will be just as great, if not better, than this time!
1 comment:
I bet it felt really good to be able to sleep in and not have to rush to get somewhere early! A Disney vacation is wonderful - just not a relaxing one. I'm sure Taylor and Liam will remember this trip for a long time, especially with the pictures you have. Maybe it won't be too long before you get to go back (and MAYBE I can go too!!)
Post a Comment