I am going to split up our Walt Disney World Vacation into daily posts. I want to remember everything I can about all the little details of every day!
Day 1
Me and Will had a plan.
A good plan.
The plan actually started last night. I picked Taylor up from school at 3:15 like always and came home to get the kids ready to go to Nonnie and Poppy's house. The only little glitch in this fool-proof plan was that someone called me at 2:00 and said she wanted to buy the desk we have had for sale. So that meant that I had to clean the desk off quickly and get it all ready to be sold. Will got home around 4:00 and helped me get the desk outside to wait on the lady to come pick it up. She finally came to pick up the desk and then we were off.
We took Taylor and Liam to Nonnie and Poppy's with instructions to keep them awake for as long as possible. Wear them out. Let them swim. Let them watch TV late into the night. Just make sure they don't go to sleep early. I am pretty sure Nonnie and Poppy were successful. Me and Will ate supper at Gondolier and then went home to get ready for an early bedtime. We got the van all packed up with suitcases and food and car toys for the kids. The plan was to be asleep by about 7, but it was actually more like 9:30 I think. But it was still earlier than we would have got in bed had we had the kids at home.
We woke up at 2:30ish, got dressed, and hopped in the car.
It was so early. Then we headed to Nonnie and Poppy's house to pick up the kids. We got there and got the kids in the van with minimal waking up on their parts. We were ready to leave there at 3:15 am.
This plan was so worth it. Because this is how our kids spent the first 4 1/2 -5 hours of the trip.
So sweet when they are sleeping.
The kids slept until we got to Macon! Liam woke up around 7:40 and Taylor woke up about 7:50. It was marvelous! We did stop one time around 5pm for a potty break and they both woke up then. Taylor even went in and used the bathroom. But they both quickly went back to sleep when we got in the car.
After they woke up for good we stopped and got breakfast. We got back in the car and on the road to eat it. They did really good.
We kept them occupied with
movies,
pens and paper,
and new toys from Nonnie.
Thank you Nonnie!
They really were good travelers. I think Liam took a short nap sometime around 12.
And then finally...
We were here!
Their sweet little faces when I told them we were finally at Walt Disney World!!!
We got all checked into the hotel right around 2pm with minimal problems and got to our room right in time for the start of the UT game.
Front of the hotel
Cute little Mickey ears
Our home away from home for a few days
We watched just a little bit of the game while I got us unpacked and settled. We were all getting hungry since we didn't eat lunch on the way. We had decided that we would go to the Downtown Disney area to eat supper.
We chose to eat at the T-Rex restaurant. It is a lot like the Rainforest Cafe, only with a dinosaur theme.
The kids weren't so sure about all the dinosaurs at first, but Will showed them that they weren't scary
Taylor wasn't convinced I don't think!
Daddy's little girl
After eating, we decided to walk around the Downtown Disney area a little bit and see what all was there.
We found the lego store
And they were amazed!
I think Liam is going to need some Legos for Christmas
They had some amazing lego structures!
Next, we headed into the World of Disney store
But of course, first, we had to pose with the princesses
I think this is about what we all felt like in that store. Very overwhelmed! They kids were wanting everything they saw and I just couldn't handle it. I wanted to get them some stuff, and we probably should have bought them some Mickey ears there, but again, I just needed to get out of there!
So we decided to head back to the hotel. We had promised the kids they could swim a little bit so we needed to do that anyways.
We all had a great time in the pool even though it was really crowded in there.
We finally convinced the kids to get out and head back to the room. We all took showers and got ready for bed. I think we were probably in bed by 9:30.
We had an early and busy day ahead of us and we were all so excited!
1 comment:
Glad we were able to help you get to bed early. We took them to McDonalds and let them play for awhile. Then they got in the hot tub. The pool was too cold! We came inside around 9:00 and they both took showers. Liam fell asleep around 9:30. Kimberly left the house around 10:30. Taylor then watched TV with me until 11:17 (I know the exact time because I got up to go to the kitchen as she moved to the couch!). I asked if she wanted me to put her glasses on the kitchen table so you could get them later. She said, "Then I won't be able to watch TV!". So, she kept her glasses on. She talked for a little while and then I noticed she was quiet. She probably fell asleep around 11:50. The look of their faces, especially Taylor, is priceless! I'm glad the Legos were glued together. Can you imagine the mess if those fell down?!?
Post a Comment