Day 5
At this point in our vacation we were all exhausted.
But when I planned this vacation back in March I guess I wasn't thinking too well and I planned for us to eat breakfast with Mickey Mouse at 7:40 in the morning!!
Wow...we don't even get up that early at home to eat breakfast!
We were eating breakfast at Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary Resort. I had talked with one of the front desk workers earlier and asked them the best way to get to our breakfast on time. He said that they started running buses at 6:40 for character breakfasts, but that if we didn't get on that first one then he couldn't guarantee that we would get to our reservation on time. So he suggested driving to the Contemporary. We thought that sounded like a good idea too since we wouldn't have to leave the hotel quite as early.
We left the hotel at 7:20ish to make our way over to the Contemporary Resort. Will mistakenly listened to me and we ended up turning the wrong way at one point, but eventually we made it to the Contemporary Resort. We pulled in the parking lot at about 7:35 so I knew we were going to have to book it inside.
We eventually made it and only had to wait a few minutes for our time to eat.
Surprisingly...everyone was in a good mood even though it was really early!
I love his little face!
Liam was not in the mood, however, to have his picture made!
The guy taking the picture thought it was pretty funny!
We were all excited for our breakfast since the kids were loving the characters now.
We were also pretty excited about the buffet of breakfast foods!
While eating we got to see
Goofy
Minnie Mouse (this is right before Minnie poked Liam in the eye accidentally with her finger)
He wouldn't have his picture made with her after that!
We also saw Mickey Mouse
Donald Duck
and Pluto!
The kids ate pretty good
And were in really good moods!
After 3 or 4 trips to the bathroom we were finally ready to go!
Taylor was being silly with her chocolate milk!
After breakfast we decided that we were going to ride the Monorail to Epcot for the first part of our day. There were still a few things there that we wanted to do and we knew the kids wanted to ride the Test Track again.
We rode the Monorail from the Contemporary Resort to the Ticket and Transportation Center and then switched Monorails and rode over to Epcot. It was a longer ride than I was expecting, but it was still faster than driving our car over to Epcot I am sure.
Our first stop when we got to Epcot was Innoventions. We did the storm simulator, went in the technologically advanced house, tested a bunch of things (like a hard hat, vacuum cleaner, hair dryer cord, and hit a tv screen with a big mallet), and the kids made a piece of paper.
The kids played a emergency readiness game after we went in the storm simulator.
Liam making his paper
Taylor making her paper
All done! They thought this was the greatest thing ever!
Next, we decided to go ride the Figment ride. There was no wait and we got to get right on the ride. I wasn't sure if the kids were going to enjoy this one or not (I had actually forgot what the ride was like) but they loved it.
After the ride they played with some of the fun things they have in the lobby area.
After riding the Figment ride we went to the other Innoventions area. While there we got to do a bunch of stuff that was fun!
We played The Great Piggy Bank Adventure and the kids had a lot of fun doing that.
You were supposed to pick something to work for (I think Liam picked a cool new room) and then you take your piggy bank around to all the different places and earn "money" and save it and then see if you saved enough for your goal at the end. Liam was a little upset that he didn't get to keep the piggy bank!
We also got to play a game called Where's the Fire. Me and Liam were on a team and Will and Taylor were on another team (along with other people too) and we had to run around this house and find fire hazards with a flashlight. It was a pretty fun game, but I am pretty sure my flashlight was running low on batteries :(
Taylor was excited to have her picture made with this fire truck!
After we got through with this side of the Innoventions we got fast passes for the Test Track and needed to kill some time, so we rode Ellen's Energy Adventure. It was completely boring and not worth riding, but it was air conditioned and Liam slept for 30-40 minutes while on the ride, so for us, it was worth it this time!
After we got off the ride it was time for us to ride Test Track. We got in the fast pass line and were fixing to go in the little holding room when Taylor said she had to go to the bathroom. So Will had to take her out of line and go to the potty while me and Liam rode. The fast pass lady was really nice and let Will and Taylor back in line when they got back. They just didn't get to ride with us!
After riding Test Track again we decided that we were ready to go back to the Magic Kingdom. It was about 2:30 in the afternoon. We got on the Monorail and tried to decide what we wanted to do first when we got back to the Magic Kingdom. We figured we might as well try to see Rapunzel since it is Taylor's favorite princess right now. I had heard that the line is always really long, but we figured we would at least try to see her.
We got into the Magic Kingdom by 3pm and me and the kids went to the Rapunzel line and Will went to get fast passes for the Buzz Lightyear ride. The kids were also begging for some popcorn, so Will was going to get them some popcorn on his way back to us.
I got to the place where Rapunzel was supposed to be and there was a little bit of a line (maybe 15 people or so) and I asked if they were waiting for Rapunzel. They said yes and that she should be out at 3:30. Sweet! I hurried up and got in line with the kids and then waited. It was so so hot right where we were standing! There was sweat rolling off my back and the kids were whining. I poured them some powerade to drink and they guzzled it down very quick. I was beginning to wonder where in the world Will had gone! A worker lady came through asking how many people were in our group and said they were taking the first 75 people in line. We had made the cut! The lady told me I had to park the stroller somewhere else and I kinda just looked at her like, "Am I supposed to get out of line and park my stroller, or would you like me to leave my kids here in line by themselves while I go park the stroller?" I chose to leave the kids in line by themselves and park the stroller! Now before you judge...I had been talking with the kind lady in line behind us for about 10 whole minutes now and I felt she was safe enough to keep an eye on my 3 and 4 year old while I parked the stroller 100 feet away! They ended up surviving me leaving them. Will finally got back (he had gotten lost...) and we headed up to the gate to where Rapunzel was.
When we got in they had all the kids go to this table to color and all the parents got in line. I thought this was a little awkward because when it was close to our time to see Rapunzel, we had to yell for the kids to get up there with us.
Taylor was so excited to get to see rapunzel though! It was well worth the 15-20 minute wait!
Rapunzel was asking Taylor is she had long hair because it looked like she had a lot of hair up on her head.
So sweet!
Taylor was very concerned that Flynn Ryder wasn't there with Rapunzel and asked her where he was. She said he was helping some kids make paper lanterns and really wished he could be here to see her though. That made Taylor's day!
Liam didn't want his picture made with Rapunzel. He didn't even want to say hi to her.
After our wonderful visit with the greatest princess ever, it was time for us to ride the Buzz Lightyear ride. The kids ate their popcorn on the way over to the ride. We were able to get right on the ride once again thanks to the fast passes and the kids enjoyed it just as much as the other 2 times they had rode it!
Taylor saw some other people getting their picture made here and she just had to have her picture made too!
After we left the ride we looked to our right and saw a very special character over there. We decided that our little space ranger would love to see him, so we stood in line and waited for...
Buzz Lightyear!
We only had to wait about 10-15 minutes to see him so it was worth it.
Even Taylor was excited to see Buzz!
Liam was a little unsure at first and I can see why! Buzz is a little intimidating! He is very tall and his costume is plastic and he is just awkward. I had to pretend to be in the picture too for Liam to stand there with him. Luckily you can't see me in the picture though!
After Buzz we had decided to go ride the teacups since Will didn't get to ride them the first time and they are one of his favorite thing to do! I wanted to get a Mickey ice cream bar on our way so we stopped and got that. When the kids realized what I had they both just had to have bites of it!
Liam decided he didn't want to ride the teacups this time and I am pretty sure this is why...
He stole my Mickey ice cream and finished it off!
Will and Taylor had a great time riding the teacups though!
After the teacups it was time for a potty break and when we were done we happened to run into someone on our way out
Tigger! And he was nice enough to give Liam a high five on his way to break! We saw Winnie the Pooh too, but the staff member with him was being a little more protective and wouldn't let him say hi to anyone.
Next, Taylor wanted to ride the carousel again. Will hates the carousel. But we decided we would ride one more time!
Then the kids decided they needed to try to pull this sword out of the stone! They were unsuccessful!
We kind of didn't know what we wanted to do next, but Will knew he wanted a funnel cake! So we stopped and got him a funnel cake (just 1 snack credit! had we known this earlier, there would have been many more funnel cakes on our trip!). Liam enjoyed eating the funnel cake with him while me and Taylor went to get her a snack. She decided she wanted pink cotton candy. We got that and made our way back to where Will and Liam were. They had almost finished off the funnel cake! We realized that the Dream Along with Mickey show was about to start, so we went over to the center of the park and stood in a good spot to see the show.
It was a really cute show and the kids liked it.
At the very end Mickey and Minnie kissed and Taylor thought that was just so funny!
After the show we decided we would go shopping a little bit. Will took Taylor to the bathroom first and then we shopped. We bought my mom a Mickey Mouse print from the Art of Disney store and then we went over to the main shopping area. Talk about overwhelming! But Taylor wanted princess mickey ears so so bad and I kind of felt bad that we didn't buy them for her earlier in the trip, but we got them for her now! And Liam got some blue mickey ears. Taylor also got a baby Minnie Mouse and a Tangled book. Liam also got a baby Mickey Mouse (had to copy sissy) and a little Perry the Platapus. Will got a little Perry the Platapus (he wanted the big one that talked, but I just thought it was very unneccessary!). And I got a sandwich cutter in the shape of Mickey ears. I won't tell you how much we spent in that little shop, but it was borderline ridiculous! Luckily Poppy had given the kids some spending money, so technically he bought the baby Minnie and Mickey!
My little Disney Princess!
After shopping we decided we better go ahead and get in line for the Electrical parade. It was only 7pm (the parade didn't start until 8pm), but everyone else was already lining up, so we figured we better too! We had a decent spot but we could tell it was getting crowded quickly!
The kids wanted to have their own Mickey Ears ice cream, so we decided to let them have it.
They only ended up eating like half of it each, so guess who just HAD to finish off the rest of them! My belly was hurting so bad after all that ice cream!
The kids were getting a little restless standing in the same spot for so long and it was only 7:30...still 30 minutes until the parade started. I told Will to take the kids and go ride the People Mover. I figured that would be the ride they could get on the fastest and stay on the longest! So he took them over there and rode that while I kept our spots safe! He said they had fun riding it again.
We were standing next to some pretty funny people for the parade. There was a couple to our left that had two daughters (probably pre-teen and a teenager) and none of them acted like they were happy to be at Disney World! And then someone dared to try to stand in front of them right before the parade was starting! The mom literally shoved her younger daughter into the lady standing in front of them and yelled "you can't stand there!" The lady finally moved. It was hilarious. People really were trying to just walk right up and stand in front of some of us that had been standing there for an hour!
There was a really nice family to the left of us from England. The mom told me that Taylor could stand in front of her if she wanted to so that she would be able to see better.
The kids were really ready for the parade to start by the time it got to us!
Liam had the best seat in the house!
The parade was really neat and I am glad that we stayed to watch it.
But when it was over...we were so ready to go! It was just before 8:30pm and we realized that we hadn't eat lunch or supper that day (not sure how we forgot to eat, but it happened). We weren't really all that hungry, but we needed to use our other meal credits and snack credits before midnight or we were going to lose them!
Taylro didn't care if she was going to lose her meal credit. She rode like this the whole time we were on the Monorail back to the Contemporary resort and then she slept the whole time in the van on our drive back to the hotel. It was pretty easy to get back to the car and back to the hotel. I was afraid we might get lost, but we made it!
When we got back to the hotel we put the kids in the stroller and went to the restaurant there at our hotel to use the rest of our meal credits. The kids were asleep before we made it over there. Me and Will each got the chicken alfredo and ordered the kids both a cheese pizza with pudding and grapes. We got lots of chocolate milk and some chips and other drinks and had finally used all our meal and snack credits! We had enough food to feed an army! We got back to the hotel with all our food and tried to wake the kids up, but they weren't having it. So we just took their clothes off of them and put them in bed and they didn't even make a peep. So me and Will actually got to enjoy a meal by ourselves! Even if it was sitting on the edge of the bed while the kids slept! We just put the kids food and drinks and snacks in the fridge and saved them for the morning!
We decided to skip showers for the night because we knew everyone would need them in the morning and we were so worn out! We got in bed and were so excited that we got to sleep in the next morning! We didn't set alarms and prayed that the kids would sleep a long long time! We had a bunch of packing to do in the morning and a long drive ahead of us!
2 comments:
Sounds (and looks!) like a magical day. Especially considering it started so early! But I love that the breakfast chairs had Mickey Mouse head cut-outs! And now I want to play Where's the Fire!
I'm glad you made it on time for your Mickey breakfast! The picture of Liam hiding is just too cute! Taylor is funny with her chocolate milk. Isn't it amazing how much fun they had making paper? There is just something weird about you trusting a person you had known for 10 minutes - I guess you do what you have to in those situations!! Will got lost because you weren't there to direct him! What a cute picture of Taylor and Rapunzel!! I bet she loved seeing her!! The Buzz Lightyear picture is cute too (glad they were loving the characters!). I didn't know they had funnel cakes there - I will have to remember that! Glad you held your ground for the parade. What a wonderful vacation for you and the kids! It is something they will never forget!!
Post a Comment