Day 2
Sunday started bright and early for us. I woke up around 6:45 and started getting dressed. Will woke up around 7 and did the same. I think we started getting the kids up around 7:15. They did surprisingly well waking up that early and got dressed.
We got them in the stroller and out the door by 7:45.
We walked over to where the buses were going to be and waited about 10 minutes for the bus to the Magic Kingdom. Of course 5 minutes into that wait Taylor said she had to go potty REALLY bad but I was afraid to get out of line and was afraid we would miss the bus. Right as I was about to just take her, the bus pulled up. Thankfully, she must not have had to go as bad as she thought.
We got to the Magic Kingdom by 8:00 and were right up in front when it was time for the park to open at 9am. It was already hot and the kids didn't like waiting for the park to open, but it also gave them time to go to the bathroom and get that over with before we were actually racing through the park!
As soon as they let everyone in the park we raced over to the Town Square and got in line to see Mickey and Minnie. We were 2nd in line and only had to wait like 2 or 3 minutes to see them.
The kids were not quite sure what to think about Mickey and Minnie. We had tried to prepare them and let them know that the characters would be as tall as Mommy and Daddy, but they were still a bit scared.
After we got done with Mickey and Minnie we figured we would go ahead and see the princesses that were right next door. The sign said it was a 10 minute wait. Well...they lied. It was more like 30 minutes before we actually got up to the princesses.
And even after all that waiting and seeing all the other little girls talk to the princesses, Taylor wanted nothing to do with Aurora...
And she wanted nothing to do with Belle...
But finally decided that she would talk to Cinderella. They talked about the princesses on Taylor's shoes and Taylor told her she would see her later that night when she ate dinner with her and the prince!
I am not sure why Taylor wouldn't talk to the other princesses. But she wanted nothing to do with them. A few hours later she asked if she could go talk to them again and I said no. I was not going to wait in that line again just for her to bury her head in my shoulder!
After the meet and greets we made our way down Main Street and through Cinderella's Castle.
Like every little girl probably is, Taylor was very disappointed that she couldn't actually go in Cinderella's Castle. Maybe one of these days we can afford to have dinner in there, but not this trip, so we just walked through the bottom.
We made our way to our first ride of the day...Dumbo! We waited longer for this ride than any other ride the whole trip...probably 15-20 minutes.
Then we moved on and rode
It's a Small World (jumped right on with no wait)
Watched Mickey's Philharmagic (no wait thanks to the fast pass)
We also rode Peter Pan's Flight with no wait (an extra fast pass the machine spit out at us when we got fast passes for Philharmagic)
Then we moved on to the carousel (Taylor's favorite ride).
After that, it was time for lunch. Since we were right there beside it, we decided to eat at Pinocchio Village Haus. They had pizza, pasta, and macaroni and cheese.
We participated in the Disney Dining Plan on this vacation and I highly recommend doing that. I am not sure what the exact price of our dining plan is, but I know how much it would have cost us out of pockey to eat at the parks and I am sure that we came out ahead.
Me and Taylor really enjoyed our food for lunch (I got the chicken parmesean and she got mac and cheese) but I don't think Liam and Will were as impressed with their food (he got the chicken parmesean like me and Liam got pasta and meatballs). We sat by a window overlooking the It's a Small World ride while we ate and the kids really liked waving to people in line (which was forever long by this point) and the people on the boats.
After lunch me and the kids headed over to ride the teacups while Will got fast passes for Winnie the Pooh ride (who would actually wait in line 40 minutes to ride Winnie the Pooh?)
They were being little troopers and were having such a fun day!
Taylor had so much fun on the teacups
Liam had fun too, but this is how he rode the whole time!
After the tea cups we went over to the Tommorrowland Speedway and rode the cars
Liam was my little driver (he literally rode every single ride with me...wouldn't let me ride anything with Taylor)
And poor Will and Taylor in that orange car were unable to go fast. Something was messed up with their car.
After the cars, we went up and rode the Astro Orbitor. The kids really liked it.
Then it was time for us to head back and use our fast passes for Winnie the Pooh, but not before Will got us fast passes for the Buzz Lightyear ride.
The kids really enjoyed the Winnie the Pooh ride!
After Winnie the Pooh we were waiting on our fast pass time to ride Buzz Lightyear, so we rode the People Mover to rest a little and enjoy the breeze and ride.
Taylor being silly on the way up to the People Mover
I wasn't sure if they would enjoy this or not, but they really did. They liked looking at all the people down below us, and it was a great way for them to be able to just rest without being in the stroller.
After we got off the People Mover Will went to get us fast passes for Space Mountain while me and the kids took the stroller over to the Buzz Lightyear ride.
This was Liam's most favorite ride!
After the Buzz Lightyear ride we were waiting for our fast pass time for Space Mountain so we did the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor and Stitch's Great Escape. Neither one of them had a line so we were able to go right in. Worked out perfectly.
Then it was time to head over to Space Mountain.
Since Liam wasn't tall enough to ride, me and Liam waited while Will and Taylor rode first.
Taylor was not the biggest fan of Space Mountain. I really think she just didn't like that Will had to sit behind her and couldn't sit beside her. Will said she didn't cry or scream or anything, she just said it was dark and fast. I think she really liked it but just didn't want to say it!
After they rode I went and rode Space Mountain really quick and then we headed over to Liberty Square to ride the Haunted Mansion ride. We ended up not waiting at all for it. There were two lines, one for if you wanted to walk through the cemetary and one for if you just wanted to get on the ride and bypass the cemetary. Well I knew the kids could have cared less about looking at all the tombstones, so we headed right in the line that bypasses the cemetary and walked right into the ride.
The kids were not too sure about the haunted mansion. They thought the ghosts were a little scary.
After that we headed out of the park around 4pm. Our reservations for supper were at the Grand Floridian at 5pm.
The kids were worn out. They both slept the whole way out of the park and Liam stayed asleep the whole time we were on the Monorail.
Taylor ended up waking up shortly after we got on the Monorail so I went ahead and got her hair ready for our Cinderella dinner.
My sweet little princess!
We got to the Grand Floridian by like 4:20 so we were quite a bit early. But we still had to get Taylor dressed up for the occasion.
Me and her took our time getting her changed into her princess dress. We finally found our way over to 1900 Park Fare inside the Grand Floridian. It was still only about 4:40 I think. I went ahead and checked in and they took us on into supper early. I was so glad I went ahead and asked if they could seat us!
At the supper we got to see
Prince Charming - Taylor was not interested
Cinderella
The Step-Mother - I hated being in all these pictures...but Taylor was actually a little scared of the step mother. She definitely played the part of snotty and brass well, but in a fun way.
She even wiped Liam's face off because she said little boys didn't need to be messy.
We saw the step-sisters too. They did a great job of playing the part. This one asked Liam to dance one time and he absolutely refused to get up and dance with her.
This step-sister was so funny and Taylor actually got her picture made with her!
The food was really good and they had a lot of stuff for the kids to eat. But the best thing was the desserts! They were all so good...
But we all liked the chocolate mousse the best!!
We had a really great time at the dinner and after we were done it was time to head back to the Magic Kingdom to ride stuff we didn't make it to earlier in the day.
The first thing we rode was Big Thunder Mountain. There was basically no wait for it, so we walked right up and got on. This was going to be Liam's first real roller coaster and I was not sure how he was going to react to it.
He made a few scared faces, but he ended up saying he really liked that "fast train." Taylor thought it was fast too, but I think she liked it.
Next we headed over to Pirates of the Caribbean ride and walked right onto it.
The kids were really liking not having to wait in line!
Next we went to the Enchanted Tiki Room to watch the birds. We had to wait a few minutes for the next show to start so while we waited Will went and got fast passes for the Jungle Cruise
The kids really liked the birds in the Tiki Room. I always enjoy the music in there too.
It still wasn't quite time for us to ride Jungle Cruise after the Tiki Room, so we rode Aladdin's Magic Carpets. We waited a little longer for this ride than I would have liked to (probably only 15 minutes), but the kids really liked it. I am not sure why all these round and round rides have such long lines!!
After the magic carpet ride it was time to ride the Jungle Cruise. I was a little disappointed that we were going to be riding it in the dark, but the "cruise guide" was really funny and did a great job and they really did have it lit up pretty good, so the kids were still able to see all the stuff.
Wow...what a day. After all that we had rode everything we set out to ride that day except Snow White's Scary Adventure. I thought we might do the Country Bear Jamboree too, but it just didn't work out to go to that show, and I really didn't care at that point. The kids had a great time riding all the rides and were ready for the Wishes fireworks time by now.
We got back to the middle of the park by about 8:30 and it was already really crowded. We squeezed ourselves into a pretty good spot to see the show and the kids did good waiting.
I love to see the castle all lit up! The fireworks show did not disappoint and the kids really enjoyed it. Although Liam still thinks fireworks are too loud, so he kept his ears covered the whole time.
After the fireworks were over we decided to take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours that the park has sometimes. The park was open from 9pm-12am for people staying at the Disney Resort. We went right over to the Buzz Lightyear ride and walked right onto it. Liam was excited we were riding it again.
Then we decided to ride the carousel again. Well, Taylor decided we would ride it again.
The kids were still in great moods even though it was pushing 10pm!
After the carousel we decided we would ride Snow White's Scary Adventure since we didn't ride it earlier and now the line wasn't long.
After all that we finally headed out of the park and back to the buses. We got back to the hotel and of course the kids fell asleep in the stroller on the walk from the bus to our room. But we woke them up long enough to give them a quick shower and then put them in the bed. I don't think we heard a peep from either one of them the rest of the night. They were fast asleep and me and Will weren't far behind them. We have another busy day tomorrow!
1 comment:
What a fun filled day you all had! I LOVE Taylor's face after Space Mountain. That's just too funny with the Wicked Step-mother wiping Liam's face. I agree with Taylor that you should be able to go up in Cinderella's castle. Sounds like your meal plan was a good way to do your food.
Post a Comment